Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 12, 2015

"Where'd My Hair Go?!"


Little Bro playing with Big Bro's leggos while he was asleep.  


My parents got John a set of clippers for Christmas.  Mason needed a haircut but it was way too cold to take him after school.  I decided to at least trim up around his ears and neck.  It worked so well that I thought I was a hair stylist....


And I was totally wrong.  I accidentally shaved his head!!!!!!  Thank goodness he's a boy.  He asked where all his hair went. 

Whoops



My Special Day was January 6th.  We love celebrating the day we became a family.  Since I was about three, we have celebrated and eaten crab legs (most of the time from Red Lobster).  It's always a wonderful day.  My parents have loved me unconditionally and have given me an amazing life.  It's crazy to think of the life I would've had without them and I will never forget it.  


They sent me these beautiful flowers to my work.  

And we stuffed our faces.  


A little funny.  I was talking a bit to Mason about it being my Special Day and us going to Mickey Mouse and Pops house.  We have briefly discussed adoption and I realize it is something hard for a five year old to wrap his head around.  But I still think its a story he should know and love. 

After telling him what day it was, I noticed he had tears in his eyes and looked so sad.  I asked him what was wrong and he started crying saying he did not want me to leave him.  He thought I was getting adopted by someone else....I assured him no one would want me now.  =)



I won't lie, Mason was not too happy about his haircut.  Although he says it wasn't a haircut....his Mommy just cut his hair.  I assured him we could get it to stick up in the air with some gel.  He has been very happy since we purchased the "jello".  


I may have messed up on the hair but I get extra points for going to the grocery store on my lunch break when it was about 10 degrees outside.  The things we do for our family.  You better believe I sent John this picture.  =)


Speaking of cold, Brody was not too happy about the weather....


He is such a character.  He was screaming for help with his legs hanging off the dining room table. 


Turned on Ninja Turtles...


Saturday was Blake's birthday and Jake planned a fun brunch with friends at Chiwawa.  


Had to get out the selfie stick for a group photo shot. 



Since the boys were having fun at the gparents' house, John and I ran to check out cars.  We were just "looking" and beginning the search.  But somehow we ended up buying a car and I never want to be a part of that again.  My cheeks were on FIRE.  That is a horrible process!!!



Sunday we headed over to Ben and Melissa's to watch Green Bay in the playoffs.  


John and I need to just go ahead and purchase some GB gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment