Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Sunny Weekend


T-ball practice has officially started.  We decided to sign Mason up with his school this year.  We are hoping for more fun this year instead of tears because he didn't get to the ball first... (and also no broken collar bone)

I will say, I am not too sure how much Mason will end up liking sports.  It may just not be his thing which is totally fine.  Or we may have not found the sport of his liking just yet.  We shall see how it all plays out.  We do know on thing, the child is super competitive.  But for now, he is definitely the class clown and much more concerned about making his teammates laugh.  And we love him just how he is.  


He has been asking for crawfish ever since I forgot to bring some from the shower we helped host.  A local restaurant has all you can eat crawfish on Tuesday nights so we went after practice. 


 This guy was much more into playing with them. 


Hooray for sunshine and shorts!




Enjoying some of Grandma Reba's chocolate pie.  We had to take a picture to send to Daddy since he missed out due to bowling.  =)


Mason and I sat outside on the prettiest night to watch the fire trucks drive by.  It was a false alarm but entertainment indeed. 


How can you say no to reading an extra book to these cuties in bed?!

Brody has discovered velcro. 

And the dog's love for bacon...


Saturday we headed to Oxford for the annual Grove Bowl.  It is always something fun to do as a family.  It was sunny and hot.  Sunscreen was needed. 


Just give him food and he is set. 




Popcorn was the real entertainment...


But not really, Brody loved watching the game.  He said Ole Miss every time we got a first down and clapped when everyone else did.  



When it was over, we let the boys run out their energy, since they had been sitting for a while, on campus.  I may have brought the selfie stick, but it really helps taking pictures.  John may get embarrassed but it's only for a second.  =)

Future Ole Miss grads. 


Since the boys were so good, we promised them ice cream on the square.  May as well keep the junk food theme going.   


We had a fun day in Oxford but it sure wore them out.  


Then we got photobombed at dinner by a cute little blonde boy. 


Sunday was a great day.  
Brody made it through sunday school without us getting paged.  I dread the "come to Brody's room" on the pager.  Can I get a hallelujah?!?

Since it was so pretty outside, we walked/rode bikes to the park Sunday afternoon.  

Busy busy weekend. 
I hope this rain clears and more pretty days are in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment