Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, April 6, 2015

Pre Easter Fun

We were really looking forward to a long weekend for Easter.  The boys both had hunts at school Thursday and were proud of their loot.  


John and I both had off Friday so we headed to the Collierville Bunny Hop.  


For some reason I thought it was an egg hunt and Mason was super excited.  He even put on his "fast shoes" so he could "beat all the other kids".  Of course there was no hunt so we ended up carrying those baskets around all day.  


We got in the long line as soon as we got there.  Honestly, we didn't know for sure what it was for but I assumed it was the Easter bunny himself.   Brody is always hoggin' the selfie.


He (actually a she) may have looked a little creepy so I understood Brody's concern.  He was absolutely not getting any closer.  He kept saying "bunny scared me".  


They both sat still long enough for face painting. 


And we ran into our friend Davis.  They just ran around in the grass running off energy.


None of the boys cooperated but it was good to see everyone.  Kinda funny they are all boys. 


Mason got to do the potato sack race.  He was determined to beat that girl right next to him.  I swear I thought he was gonna push her down...competitive much?

We had lunch and then came home to work on the Easter eggs and make a cake for Sunday. 


Since the hunt was a no go earlier, we had one in our backyard by ourselves.  


And played with bubbles. 


They always get really excited to dye eggs...


And then it gets boring and John and I finish them.  Ha


Saturday was busy busy.
Mom and I had a bridal shower for Lyndsey. I just loving seeing all these ladies and their moms.


Her talented sister made this backdrop for pictures.  


Mason had a birthday party for our neighbor Levi.  He's the one on the prowl at the bottom of the picture.   


And I think John had a good time at the party...


We went to Babalu to celebrate Melissa's 30th birthday Saturday night.  It is always so good.  



We may have all gotten there at 5:30 and ended the dinner with coffee; but I assure you, a fun time was had by all.   Life my change but our friends are always fun to hang out with!



No comments:

Post a Comment