Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Tis the Season



At night (if we remember), we deflate our Santa and turn off the outside lights.  Apparently Brody has never noticed.  We got home from school and he saw Santa lying on the ground and started yelling "Santa's dead!"

Thankfully, he was just sleeping and still alive.


Last Friday night we had Christmas with my family since everyone from Nashville were in town.  Mason, Brody, and Westen love playing together. 


First gifts of the season. 



Saturday, we went to see Santa.
How cute is this sweet shirt Mickey Mouse made?!


Trying to impress Santa with brotherly love while waiting in line. 


They both love Santa. 



When Brody gets a tad nervous, he presses his tongue against his cheek. 
Brody said he wanted Pie Face Showdown. 


Mason wants an xbox. 
How old is he again?! 


We didn't get a picture of them together but I love the shots we got. 

Showing off their candy canes Santa gave them.
It was unusually warm for December!


We worked on the puzzle our elf brought this weekend. I LOVE puzzles.  My parents and I used to work on them during Christmas break when I was young.


My birthday was Monday so John wanted to do a little celebrating on Sunday after church.  A new restaurant opened on the square and they serve brunch on Sundays.  It is very nice and food was amazing.  We were able to get there right when they opened so it would be quick with the kiddos.


I don't know if it was the fancy wine glasses or what, but the kids knew it was a nice place and they were amazing.  Mason was trying so hard to be grown up.  All I know is if they are going to be that well behaved at a fancy restaurant, maybe we need to go more often!


Finished Sunday afternoon.  Puzzles are like books for me....I can't stop until they are done.  Mason did awesome when he wanted to help, he just had other things to do also.  =)


Sunday night was more celebrating.  This time with my parents at Formosa.  We did this last year and it was great, so we did it again.  I love their food and it is never crowded.  New family tradition. 


Then we headed back to my parents for birthday cake.  The only cake I will eat and it is the BEST.


Love him so, so much.  
He is the best Dad and husband.  We would be lost without him. 


John is always so concerned about my birthday because it is so close to Christmas.  It really is much different now that I am in my thirties, but he still tries too much.  I think we ate about five meals for "my birthday", he sent flowers to my work from him and the boys, and had the boys make me all kinds of things.  It lasted all week.

My favorite was Mason's book to me about how much he loved me.  It included (twice) that I am the best because I buy all the food.  Without me, they would all die.  So honest.  =)


Poor Brody was the first to get to school Monday.  I know the big kids are out but do the parents not still work?!?!  He was excited, not sad.  And the other kids started pulling up as I left.


5 More Days.


John and I went to a Grizz game after I got tickets at work.  It is rare and def hard for us to do anything on the weeknights, but it was fun.  


The boys are both with my mom part of the break.  Mason is all of it, but Brody is half of the time.  
He said it was super, super fun yesterday.  Well I'm sure it was with McDonalds in the floor and Christmas movies on.  


Tis the Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment