Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Fall Baseball and Short Break



I was able to help Brody's teacher in the classroom this past Friday.  I helped the kiddos paint on these wooden blocks for a fun fall project.  They had fun and Brody loved that I was there. 


I decided to tackle these kitchen cabinets.  
I have no clue why they "antiqued" like this, but it is awful.  


Mason had his first baseball games this weekend.  Friday and Saturday night.  The games are much longer (1:45-2 hrs) so I'm thankful Brody has a friend to play with. 


I was a nervous wreck.  Didn't get any good pictures.  Mason was the pitcher for the first game.  He doesn't throw hard, but he throws strikes which is all you need.  And he did great.  It is a VERY slow game.  Such a difference from coach pitch to kid pitch.  

Mason pitched in two innings (they only get maybe three in), and he struck out several kiddos.  He also got a double. 
They lost but it was close.  He got the game ball. 

So we celebrated with wings for a late dinner. 


Saturday was a big day....Costco finally got their mums in.  


Brody had a game Saturday afternoon.  It was HOT.  
He did very well.  Got some hits and got someone out at first.  
He gave a double fist pump after he got the out....

(I didn't get any pictures at his game either....they were short coaches and I had to help....fun times)


 Saturday night, Mason was up again.  He got to catch in the first inning. 


And then moved to first base in the second inning.  He got a double play at first and then the third out also.  He was so excited after that double play.  In the third inning, he had to come in as the relief pitcher.  He did really well pitching again.  Struck out one and caught a pop up.  He liked playing first of course. 


We had a fun brunch on Sunday.  Tic tac toe on the table. 

 Such a giant rainbow. 

The kids were out of school Monday for Columbus Day and then Tuesday for teacher inservice day.  They don't get a "fall break", but I called it fall break!

John had to work Monday, so I decided to take the kids to Six Flags with the rest of the world.  We met one of Mason's friends there also. 



 Brody and his terrified faces on roller coasters.  Of course this was a tiny one.  Ha. 




It ended up pouring which shut most of the rides down.  And we had a problem with our dining passes.....but we still managed to have a good time.  Once the kids got their ice cream and Gatorade, we were all happy!





 We had no plans on Tuesday and knew it was going to rain.  (and poor John got the stomach bug!) We decided to meet friends at the movies to see Smallfoot early that morning.  They have Moviehouse Eateries here and man are they nice.  You push a button for your waiter and he arrives to take your order.  The menu was amazing.  And the popcorn and drinks (icees included) were refillable.  The kids loved it. 



 They also have free photo booths. 





It has been a fun little break.  Hate John didn't get to join in on any of the fun.
It was back to school today!

No comments:

Post a Comment