Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2018

Another Fun Weekend


We were all awaken by the stomach bug last week early in the morning.  Poor Brody tried to make it to the bathroom.  Big brother was yelling for us.  He always knows what to do in a situation most would panic!  It wasn't just Brody sick....Emma wasn't doing too well with her new food.  Yikes. 

Brody was supposed to have a playdate that afternoon with a classmate, but no school or playdate for him. Thankfully, it is pretty easy for me to stay home with a sick child these days.  Ha. 

But he was back to normal the next day!   And shockingly enough, no one else got it.  

One day last week (they are all running together), I met John for lunch.  We went to Bar Taco in the coolest little area called Westbend.  It is near the TCU campus. 


Mason reading a book to Brody. 

Mason's first writing assignment.  His teachers both use an app to upload pictures and projects.  
I love it. 

This past Thursday, the boys both had their Fun Run at school.  It was an obstacle course this year, and I think they both loved it. 








Thankfully for me, Kindergarten and 3rd grade went right after each other.  

All the boys were happy to have hot pink.  

Loved getting to spend the day with them. 








They had the PTA spirit shop open after the Fun Run, and I gave each boy a little bit of money to spend.  Brody didn't buy anything but a water....ha.  Mason used all of his money and bought John this tumbler.  He was soooooo proud and could not wait to give it to John.  He was worried John wouldn't like the Texas Tech part, but I assured him he would love it.  Although I was laughing on the inside.  Our sweet kiddos are trying to decide which "texas college team" they are going to root for.  I think Ole Miss is looooong gone in their minds.  

Either way, this guy is such a sweet kid. 


A little fall in the air on Friday morning.  
Don't worry, it was hot in the afternoon. 

Mason's report card came in.  One of the things I was most worried about was academics.  I had no idea if he would be able to fit into their curriculum.  But he has done really well.  

There was a big game in town Friday night.  Keller High (where the boys will go to school) was playing Southlake Carroll.  They are the best football team around here, and Keller was 3 and 0.  I think the whole town went.  

I bought tickets for all four of us, but Mason was invited to go with a friend to Six Flags.  He couldn't pass it up and I don't blame him!  They stayed until close and he said it was the BEST day he has ever had....


Just the three of us.  




Saturday morning we finally played baseball.  It was an entire month into the season, but no games due to rainouts.  Unfortunately, Mason's team had a Bye week.  Go figure.  

But this kid was excited. 

They had a slow start, but figured it out quickly.  He is so glad to be hitting with coach pitch instead of off the tee!



We decided to check out the Texas State Fair Sunday afternoon.  Funny enough, we were thinking about coming to Dallas for fall break this year (before knowing we would be moving to the DFW area).  We were going to go to the fair, games, etc.  

Big Tex himself. 


I know people say it all the time, but the fair is huge.  It was a lot of fun. 


We played LOTS of games. 



 Rode lots of rides. 


Had lots of fun.

And ate alllll the food. 





We may have spent a fortune, but the kids won some prizes and had a blast.  



Brody finally got that playdate after school this week.  They were superheros and even had time for a game of chess.  Ha. 

We get out of school so much earlier.  They are hungry all afternoon!  Even after a snack.  
This was dinner #1 last night: leftover spaghetti before Dad got home and baseball.  


We tried one of the ice cream places in town, which was a hit.  The kids and myself loved watching them prepare it. 




Another fun weekend in Texas.  So far so good over here.  I think everyone is doing just fine adjusting to our new life.  Much better than I ever thought!  

No comments:

Post a Comment