Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Rain Rain Go Away


I helped a lot out at Mason's school last week, but was able to pop in and have a lunch with Brody. 



Mason got his gift in the mail from Reese, Anderson, and Griff.  
He built it right away and was soooooo excited. 

Well, I put on real clothes and had an interview with the temp agency last Thursday. 
I was a Nervous Nelly. 


But after the interview, I was able to meet this guy for lunch.  So something good came from it!  Ha.  Just kidding.  But John of course didn't read the menu and ordered the largest thing possible for lunch....the two of us wouldn't have been able to eat it all if we were splitting it. 


I finished up the kitchen last week.  Put up new shades and finished the paint.  It looks a lot better.  I just need new floors and shades in the den now. =)




We had flash floods again last Friday which meant baseball for the weekend was cancelled.  It actually rained everyday last week.  

We had a fun dinner Friday night with the boys' friends and their family at a new restaurant in town.  After, we all went back to their house.  The kids watched a movie and the adults played cards.  It was really fun. 

Saturday morning was gloomy, but no rain!  I ran along side Mason while we took the trails to find his friend's house.  They will be able to ride to each other's house during the summer which is fun. 

The sun finally came out, and with baseball cancelled, we had no plans.  We ran out of the house the minute we saw the sun and went to Shannon Brewing Co here in Keller.  It is a fun tap room with food trucks and music.  

The boys found other ids to play with, and we all had a great time. 



This kid LOVES his baths. 



We decided to meet friends at Six Flags Sunday afternoon.
John put on his backpack and we were off.
(we got the food passes, so we really do have to carry those drink bottles around)





We all had to grab lunch before rides!

Brody wasn't wanting to go up there with the scary guys, but peer pressure got to him.

Brody driving me on the antique car while the big boys rode a roller coaster.



Tour guide.




It has been so fun having boys the same age and in the same class.



Waiting in the long lines.

As you can see, Brody did NOT like this ride.  Ha.

So we also get a snack each visit.  Nothing like ice cream.

And a funnel cake....


And a dinner.  So we were leaving right as dinner was being served.  We decided to do what the rest of the park did, we got turkey legs to go.  Yup.  We sure did.


 This week has been a little different for everyone in our family.  Remember I said I went on an interview?!?!  Well I agreed to temp at an office this week Monday - Wednesday from 6:30-3pm each day.  And after working Monday, they convinced me to work for them on Thursday from 6:30-noon.

The office is basically down the street.  John has been taking the boys to school in the mooring.  And I am still able to pick them up after school.  It was a good temp job to take.

Do I like temping?  Not really.  I like to be organized and know where everything is.  All offices are different as well as the dentists.  But after a day, it is fine.  So the week hasn't been too bad.

And thankfully on Tuesday, Brody went home again with his friend.  I picked the big brothers up from choir.  It worked out well!



John has done great each morning.  He isn't getting to work as early as he likes, but no complaints.  It is also Red Ribbon Week, so I've had to leave instructions each day!


Brody's class had a fun science lab day.

His teacher is amazing.


We had a makeup baseball game scheduled for tonight but heavy rain came in all day today.  Baseball games cancelled.  But it does look like this may be the end of the rain....hoping to play ball this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment