We decided to have our neighborhood friends over for the traditional New Year's Day feast. We fancied it up a bit with a Bloody Mary and Mimosa bar.
Starting 2019 off with the right people.
I didn't get any pictures while everyone was here. There were 8 kids all together. It was a bit chilly NYD so I was worried they would be bored, but they played inside, outside, and everywhere. They had a blast while the parents watched football and socialized.
We had freezing rain for a couple of days last week.
It. Was. Cold.
The kids and I just stayed inside both days!
I was able to bribe the kids into going to Nordstroms by promising a movie after.
One of my friends told me how cheap the matinee tickets are at the theater in the mall. No service at your seat but reclining seats and all. It was a steal. Plus, I got to check out the mall.
They chose the new Spiderman movie. It was really cute.

I had promised Mason we could check out the new Urban Air by us. Brody had been for a bday party and Mason was NOT happy he couldn't go. While it is more expensive than the regular jump places, you can stay all day. It has so many more things, so they had an awesome time.
Brody conquered some kids on the beam.
Mason found a couple of friends from school and they all played for hours.
The last day of Christmas break is today and I had thought about taking them to Six Flags until I realized it wouldn't be open today. John had been out of town and wasn't getting home until Saturday afternoon, so I decided to take them that morning/afternoon.
So Brody promised to ride ONE big ride. He was terrified
Riding El Sombrero in Mexico
They ate all the food. It is so nice having the food passes. We have definitely made our money back on that. And they give you so much food.
They always pick dippin' dots for their snack.
It was so hot. I was sweating walking around in that sun.
I think it was only 71 but it felt hotter!
I tried to be good and not eat the food there, so I let Mason get a turkey leg for the lunch and Brody got a pretzel for my snack. Brought it home and they ate it later.
Got home in time to see John not long after his flight landed and get ready for the Cowboys playoff game. It was all anyone around here has talked about, so it is hard not to get excited. And they have quickly become full on Cowboys fans since their friends are all fans and Mason went on that field trip. They won so we get to do it all over again next weekend.
Sunday was my Special Day and Mom and Dad sent me these beautiful flowers.
We got tickets a couple of weeks ago to go to Medieval Times with friends. John could not wait to go. He has apparently been looking forward to this since The Cable Guy came out....
We were on the Blue Knight's team.
They had all kinds of expensive things you could buy....
The kids were really into it and had a blast.
They give you no utensils (I possibly would've stuck a fork in my purse if I had known), but the food was delicious....and a lot! They also give you soup/bread to start and dessert to end. The kids ate so much food!
Living his best life!
It has been a great start to 2019!




































No comments:
Post a Comment