Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

End of 2018


We have enjoyed a week of nothing much to do.  The boys' went to a baseball camp for two days last week.  They had a blast.  One of Brody's friends were there one of the days. 

Who knew you could get Fortnite on the Switch also?!  This is what they would do all day every day if we let them.  Now that they can play with their cousins....this is what they have been doing.  

Caught him at baseball camp. Ha


We had no plans for the weekend, so I finally got to try Velvet Tacos for lunch.  Its is in downtown FW and supposed to be the best of the best.  It was very interesting and I loved it.  No so sure the rest of the fam felt the same way.  Ha  

So after Mason ate his entire taco but declared he didn't like it....he asked to go to Cowtown Brewery so he could have ribs.  Of course John thought it was a great idea.  Ha.  The kids love going there because they have all kinds of games to play.  


He got his half slab of ribs and ate every one of them. 


 Only time I can get them to dress nice is a Sunday before church....they throw those clothes off the moment we walk back in the house. 

Mason is working on his camera skills....if only he were a bit taller.  Bad angle.  Ha


 Brody had a bday party at the new Urban Air.  John said it was awesome.  Mason had heard all about it and was not excited he couldn't attend.  Looks like we will be going again soon....

Our neighbors told us about a breakfast place we had not heard of.  It was sooooo good and a perfect place for NYE morning. 





It was a beautiful day, so we took a family walk. 




We went fancy and ate Chickfila for dinner.  
Last meal of 2018.....about sums up my diet for the end of the year.  

 And we toasted with sparkling cider. 

John and I managed to stay up for the NYE celebration in NY and then we fell asleep. 


This was my top 9 pictures of the year.  



2018 was a good year for us.  It did not go as planned.  It was scary, and I shed a lot of tears.  We quickly realized "our plan" is not always God's plan.  We prayed a lot and I tried to let go of controlling everything (which is something I have to do more often).  Turns out, we are all fine.  All the worry.....all the stress.  We survived.  Who knew we were so strong as a family.  I thought I would shed even more tears once we moved, but I haven't.  We.  Are.  Fine.  

Excited to see what 2019 has in store for us because as we learned in '18, who knows what God has planned next!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment