Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Grandparent Visit, Cold Baseball, and the Flu


Brody was excited to participate in Dr. Suess week.  Mason was not interested. 


I had to work one day last week and John decided to pick the boys up from school early instead of childcare.  I got home to this.  No homework or dinner cooked, but Fun Dad has played an entire game of basketball and jumping on the trampoline.  It looked like they had a goooood time. 

Colors of the rainbow day. 


College Day.  
Mason agreed to this one. 


I added some letters above Mason's bed.  He was happy.  Just a couple of more things to do in there and he will be done.  Thankfully, no painting in this room. 

I had a PTA meeting and we decorated cookies.  
I was impressed with myself.  Ha.

It got cold here.  Like really cold. 


Grandma, Grandpa,  and Grandma Reba all came in town Friday for a visit and to see Mason play in a tourney.  We were all so excited.  Unfortunately, it decided to get even colder.  We bundled up and headed to Allen, TX Saturday morning. Not only was it super cold, it was really foggy and decided to start misting rain.  The temps dropped all day.  It was not ideal!

Brody covered up in this blanket and never watched a second of baseball.

All the smart Moms had the tents. 

You know they really love you to sit out in that weather.  

This is blurry because it was a video, but Gma Reba had to put a bag over her head when it started misting rain.  Dedication!

Hot chocolate helped for a second. 

This kid has done so well, especially at the plate.
So so proud of him. 


At second. 

Are we in Alaska or Texas?!
It just kept getting colder. 

I'm thankful we put their numbers on their hoodies so they could wear them out there.  
Here he is after sliding into home. 

John checking on the kid under the blanket. 

Turns out, he was sick.  Really sick.  We didn't really realize it until 30 min until the games were over.  We had him out there in that weather too.  I carried him to the car and he fell right asleep. 

Brody slept the entire way home, and Mason ended up falling asleep too.  

We convinced Brody to go out to eat. (probably shouldn't have but he rallied)




Sunday they decided to cancel the tournament.  Last minute, Mason and I decided to go to church to meet friends who were attending for the first time.  We got ready in five minutes.  Not kidding. 

We all went out to eat for Sunday lunch, but this one wasn't feeling too well again. 

Sunday naps.


Look at those rosy cheeks. Took his temp and it was 102.  
We started alternating Motrin/Tylenol and made him nap. 

He woke up for a game or two of Yatzee and then went back to bed.  


He woke up Monday morning and was like a new person.  Not completely fever free but almost.  That fever is the pits. 

We had to say goodbye to the dogs and grandparents.  Despite the weather and sickness, we had such a fun weekend with them 

Mason's teacher text me around 11am Monday morning.  Told me he wasn't feeling good at all.  I knew immediately he was sick.  He is never sick and HATES missing school. He has basketball tournament games this week and baseball practice, so I decided to get him a doctors appt to make sure it wasn't the flu. (never made Brody an appt since he started to feel better)

Took them both with me of course and the doc said "well which one is sick, bc they book look sick".  Lol.  I told her whatever Mason had, Brody had given it to him but was already getting better.


Turns out, we had the Flu the whole time....

And this one now has it.  


They both slept great last night and Brody should be able to go back to school tomorrow.  Mason is already feeling a bit better but will probably be out until Friday.  No one else can get it because we have a little trip planned for Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment