Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Spring Break Fun


Timehop killed me last week. 
How have they gotten so big?!

Both kids with the flu = not able to leave the house. 
Costco delivery for the win. 

Back to school he went and got to wear his Dirtbags shirt. 
He LOVES wearing it. 

Mason made it back to school for one day last week....just in time to receive his recorder.
Help me. 

Haircuts for Spring Break.
 Kid loves a good, close haircut. 


Ate something other than a PB&J, got a meatball sub like his big bro.

We had a nice little hailstorm at 5am Saturday morning.  Never heard something so loud in my life.  Apparently, this was a small storm, and we should expect much larger hair this spring....


I'm not sure Mason has ever slept in our bed, but he jumped in at 5am because it was super loud in his room.  Of course, John and I went on and got up.  He slept until 9am.  Ha.

But the storm quickly left and the sun came out.
 Such a pretty day.

Mason and John had to go to a Sonic fundraiser for a few hours, while Brody and I got to play.
(Joke is on me....think we have another fundraiser this Saturday and it is now my turn)

Me, Brody, and Emma strolled to the park. 



And had fun in Target. (wearing the same clothes as the day before)

We woke up Sunday morning and started our Spring Break adventures.

We were headed to San Antonio but made a few stops on the way.  It is a four hour trip from our home to downtown.  90 minutes South from our house is Waco.

Nothing was opened and I am planning a trip in May with friends, so we just drove by.



We also stopped at Buc-ee's.  It is a Texas GAS STATION that may be the biggest tourist stop in all of Texas.  There are several of them along the major highways.  There are so many people there, you would think it was a mall.  It certainly lived up to the expectations!!!
(Oddly enough, there is one right by our house, but we hadn't been yet.)


Back in the car, we stopped in Austin (another 90 min South of Waco).  Saw the Univ of Texas and the SBSW concert stuff going on.
Next stop was SA (one hour South of Austin)


It was a great road trip.  4 hours is perfect and to be able to stop at all these towns along the way, was so fun.  We also passed several areas that people from around here go to during the summer.  Different spring rivers to tube down.
I think we will plan a trip back down this spring/summer just to do that.



We checked into our hotel that was across the street from the Alamo, which John was very excited to see (he is a history nerd).  It was super crowded, so we just looked from the outside and decided to try back the next morning.


Oh yeah, it was also our 12 year anniversary.
12 years of fun with this guy.  Seriously though, it has been so much fun.  He is my very best friend.   And I have always known that....but when you move away from all your family and friends, it is easy to tell if you love or hate someone.  I can't imagine doing life without him.  I also can't imagine moving away with someone other than your best friend.  Instead of a big change like this tearing us apart, it has only brought us closer. And it has been fun.

A family asked me to take their picture and then she would take ours.
You can see how excited my kids were about that too.
(she was adamant I get that tall building next to the Alamo in her picture, so she got it in ours too.  I sill have no clue what that building is....haha)

We then walked to the Riverwalk which was what I was excited about the most. It was beautiful and so crowded.  There is also no ledge or anything next to the river....it seems super dangerous and there is NO way drunk people haven't fallen in.  But we made it out safely and that's all the matters.  Ha





We rode in the boat down the river and got a little history from the tour guide.  It just goes on and on. There has to be 100 restaurants on the Riverwalk!



It was pretty warm out.  I think it got up to 80 and thankfully the sun wasn't out strong, or we would have maybe jumped in the water. After the boat ride, we stopped at a Mexican restaurant and ate a late lunch.

Lunch with a view.


We took an afternoon nap and then headed back out to find a Starbucks.  The Limes and Birds were out all around town.  Mason was dying to ride one.  We finally let him try it out which I am confident was illegal.  Ha.

Then I had to ride Brody around.  He rested his hand on the Go latch and we almost ran into the building, so that was the only time Brody got to try....

Before going back to the hotel, we stopped by the Alamo after it had closed.  No one was in front so I made them take another picture.



It is so pretty.

And Mason finally convinced John to give it a go....


Okay, so here are out real Alamo pictures.
We woke up the next morning early and beat the crowd to tour.  It was a bit cooler out with a very light mist of rain.

Courtesy of Mason.

So then Brody wanted to take one...

And here is our $30 memory.

Brody is NOT ready to learn history.
He just wanted to touch everything and kept saying he was bored.


But man, was he exited to see all the Cacti all over San Antonio.


We found out on of Mason's friends was in town and going to be at Six Flags this day.
Since we have passes, we decided, why not.


It was still a bit chilly when we got there, but after an hour or so, the weather was perfect.  And the best part, no one was there (I guess bc it had been nasty out).  It was the best Six Flags experience ever.  No long waits for rides at all.  AND their rides were amazing.  I mean they had two roller coasters better than ours.  Mason and his friend rode EVERY ride there.

There were also a lot of kiddie rides, so Brody loved it.


They blew up all this rock to put the Six Flags there.  It was a site to see.



His perfect dart thrower of a Mom won him a new bear.

John and I got to ride on the best coaster there together.  Mason and Brody went with his friends' family to a different area before we left for the night.  It was fun.  I did pray we wouldn't die on the ride so our kids would have no parents though....the things you think of when you become parents.



Another morning in the hotel with a waffle shaped like the state of Texas.


We were supposed to spend another day and night in SA but bad storms were rolling in that next night and morning.  We didn't want to drive in them and Mason ended up having baseball practice Wednesday, so we decided to load up the car, explore and have some fun, and head home Tuesday night instead of spending the last night in the hotel to beat out the storms.

On the way down, we had seen the most amazing Premium Outlets in San Marcos.  They were 30 min before SA, so it worked out to stop by on our way home!  Ha. Mason was clearly thrilled to shop, but I did NOT care.  I had never been to a Lululemon, Tory Burch, Jimmy Choo, Prada Outlets....and the list went on and on.

I got some super exciting stuff I am still giddy about.


We had also heard about the Natural Bridge Caverns and booked a tour.  It was a pretty cool place and had a GREAT time.  Oh yeah, we also stopped by Buc-ee's again before the tour.  We got t-shirts (check out Brody's shirt), all kinds of food, we even had to buy a Buc-ee's cooler to put it in.  So ridiculous.  Ha.

Ice cream before the tour.



The caverns were a site to see.  It really was amazing.  We walked 220 ft down to the bottom and then walked back up.  Humidity was 99% and temp was 70 degrees.  Very interesting experience.
We were all amazed.

















Another $20 memory (picture).....
But it was a perfect way to end our quick Spring Break trip.


We all got to wake up in our beds yesterday which was nice. We decided to meet some friends at the local center here.  You can be a member or can just pay a very inexpensive daily pass.  We just bought a pass and they swam in the indoor part.  It was so fun.  They loved it and ran into a couple of friends from school.




I can't wait to go back this summer when the outdoor part is opened as well.


John had to go back to work today, so we had one last "spring break dinner" last night in Roanoke since the weather was so wonderful.  Mason ended up eating most of John's crawfish, so he had to order another pound.  Ha. He loves those things.



It was a fun week.  I can't wait to head back down South this summer for more adventures!

We have the rest of the week off, and then I start a new job next week.  I will work two days a week (eventually every Wednesday and Thursday) at an office in Coppell.  I am super excited to have a set schedule....although it will be random two days until August, then will be the same two days each week!

No comments:

Post a Comment