Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

LWL and A Cold Weekend


Well, it finally got cold but it did NOT snow/ice in DFW....just west of us.  
The boys were super sad they had to go to school. 


I have been following Living with Landyn for years.  I was pretty pumped when she announced she was coming to Dallas for a free meet and greet.  I couldn't convince my friends around here to go, but still took a change of clothes to work last Thursday just in case.  One of the moms on Mason's baseball team from last year randomly asked me if I was going.  I had completely forgotten she was a fan!  I had no problem saying I would meet her and her coworker at the event. 

It was beautiful!  I got there before Amy and her coworker but thankfully, I met a Landyn friend in the parking garage and we hung out!



So many fun things. 

And we met Anna Claire. 

It literally took us an hour and a half to get up there.  Not to mention that 500 women in line behind us.  It was insane.  She was so kind and wanted to talk to everyone so it took forever! 

You better believed we shimmied too. 

This picture makes me laugh.  A mom and daughter were out there taking pictures of the daughter.  The mom was holding a hand held light to get a better shot.  I'm not kidding. Someone they were with asked if we wanted them to take our picture.  This was the picture.  Only half of the sign and the Mom is in the picture holding the light! Hahahaha.

Saturdays are still for basketball.  Brody's sweet teacher came to see him and Nolan play.  

Then we had a birthday party for one of the girls at school.  She is good friends with Breck also, so he was there!  They all had a blast. 


THEN we still had Mason's game.  Long day. 
Mason's team pulled off a big win and it got intense at the end.  Brody was all about it. 

Sunday morning headed to church.  Still cold out. 


And then this happened.  There was a fatal crash not long ago in Keller and they have been radaring when it is raining because of the slick roads.  John nor I had any idea the speed limit was 30 here and he was just following a car.....not to mention he still has a TN drivers license which we found out is basically not valid anymore. All that to be said....this was clearly a family headed to church on a Sunday morning, so the sweet officer let us go with just a warning.  So nice.  I'm sure he could see our mortified kids in the back seat. =)


Although it was cold, didn't stop the neighborhood kids from playing John in basketball Sunday afternoon. 


Brody had "Spring Training" Sunday afternoon.  First baseball practice of the season.  He was throwing a fit and not agreeing to a picture...


BUT he was all smiles when he won the WWE Belt after practice for the hardest worker.  
Never been happier. 

Lunch date with the Bday girl!

Busy few weeks ahead with loads of fun!  Valentines Day and Mom and Dad coming in town are next on the agenda!  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment