It has been a while. We are busy busy busy.
We went to Memphis for the Fourth.
My babysitter was going out of town and both boys had the weekend off for baseball. We decided to leave Thursday afternoon and get on the road. John and I stayed until Sunday and left the boys there. Mom brought them back that Wednesday so they could get to practice that week!
We woke up Friday morning and took over Robert and Becca's house.....for the weekend. Ha
There is nothing like cousin fun.
This is all they wanted to do!!!!
Chicken Fights.
The boys spent the night over there Friday night and we woke up and did it again Saturday!
We headed back to Mickey Mouse and Pop's house to get changed for dinner.
Worn out!
And no showers....
All the parents came to Robert and Becca's and we had BBQ and let the kiddos swim.
So much fun!
They are getting so big.
We walked around the neighborhood and saw a good firework show.
Nothing like a good Family Fourth.
John and I headed home Sunday....back to work we went.
Since I had no kids, I agreed to work full time the next week and then again the week after since Mom would be here. We are sooooo behind with hygiene appointments at work due to Covid and also short staffed. It is no fun so I'm trying to help any way I can.
The twins did get to go to Mom's house one day while there and they had a fun afternoon just playing.
They were soooooo sad to say goodbye.
John still had baseball coach duties but there was at least once night I grabbed him for a dinner out.
We threw on our masks to walk in but then were able to take them off once we sat down.
Weird world we are living in.
Dragon House is my favorite.
The boys came back home Wednesday so they could go to practice.
I was off Friday and we just had fun!
Lunch at the pool.
Mom and I chillin'.
Pure talent.
Mason had a baseball tourney this past weekend so Mom was able to get to see him play.
101 degrees out and wearing masks....
I need stock in Kona Ice.
They told us we had to wear the masks but they weren't as strict enforcing it like the last tournament. We were spread out where we were just with our team's families. I mean we are all exposed together anyway.
Ready to play.
The kid has a good arm, that's for sure.
Hit a double right in the gap.
Trying not to get picked off.
Talk abut laundry.....
They won the first game!
And then we waited and waited for our next opponent to walk over from the other field once their game was finished. By the way, our pool play games were the late ones AGAIN....6:30 and 8:15pm. UGH. I will say, at least it wasn't 100 degrees by then.
The team hadn't walked over and we finally tried to see what the hold up was assuming their first game just went over. Turns out, an ump had to be taken by ambulance to a hospital because of the heat. There was no one else to step in so all the games had been delayed earlier in the day. We started our second game at 10:30pm....yes you read that right, 10:30.
We played bad but did end up tying the team and landed 3rd seed for Sunday and we did not have to be back at the fields until 11am which was HUGE. We are all starving when we left at MIDNIGHT in The Colony (45 minutes away).
So....we decided to go through Whataburger and felt real good about ourselves. Got home around 1:15, ate our food, and finally went to bed. So silly.
Ready for bracket play.
Game was at noon and boy was it hot.
Unfortunately, we ended up losing....so unexpected and sad but oh well. Maybe it will be in the cards this weekend! We all got home and were hot and tired. We decided to head to the pool to do nothing.
To be honest, that pool is not cool anymore...not at all.
We ended the weekend renting The Sandlot and ordering pizza delivery.
The boys (and Owen) enjoyed it!

















































No comments:
Post a Comment