Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner


Mom was here last week and the boys (plus our neighbor Owen) had fun every day.  
They even went down to the creek and found a friend fishing. 
I am certain they were sweating profusely. 

Brody has no issue wearing a mask when I ask. 

Mom also hooked up the sprinkler for a fun afternoon. 

She decided to stay to see Brody play on Saturday since she saw Mason the weekend before. 
Both boys ready to play Saturday afternoon. 






Mason wanted to take our picture right before we left.  
I was fine to stay out of them.  Ha. 

Since I brought my camera to Mason's games, I decided to do the same for Brody's team.  I ended up with some pretty cool shots of some of the kids making defensive plays. 









One of my favorites from the weekend. 




Seeing if he can get another base. 



My friend sent this to me.  I was the guest DJ since Beth wasn't there, did score board, and took some pictures.  Ha.

Hanging out in between games.

These guys won both games on Saturday and they were the number 2 seed going into bracket play Sunday.



We were able to leave there and see about 20 minutes left in Mason's second game.


Unfortunately, they did not play well Saturday and lost both games.  They were the second to last seed and had to be back Sunday morning at 8am.   They would need to play FOUR games on Sunday to win.


Mom had to leave Sunday so we had to say goodbye before baseball.

Brody and I were able to go to Mason's first game Sunday since he didn't play until 2pm.
Brody was happy because he wanted to give them good luck.  Ha.

There is my kid on third.  He had a single and a triple in that game.

I was so happy for them.  They came to play Sunday winning the first game by a lot!
Brody and I had to leave after that one.

We went to Brody's games and I had Mason's game on Gamechanger.  I pulled it up and saw they were beating the number 1 seed!  They had to play the semifinal game right after.  When I finally got it pulled up, they were winning that one as well!


Both boys were playing their semifinal games at the same time and they both won and made it to the championship!





It was sooooo hot thought.  I mean look at this kid.

But oh so happy.

Headed to the ship!


So both boys played in their championship games at the same time.  
And both boys won!  I couldn't believe it.  




They beat Southlake to win.

Go Indians.






THANKFULLY, some of the Mommas on Mason's team snapped some pictures for me!
The kid was pumped.
They played on turf fields that were HOT.  I mean way worse than grass.  They had to be there at 7am to play that 8am game and because they were seeded so low, had to play THREE more games after that to win.  And they did it!  The team they played in the championship asked them how in the world they weren't tired.  Winning is awesome but crawling back from last is even better. And boy was it a hot day!  I was dripping in sweat in the shade watching Brody's games.

Coach John and Mason.
I think John has really enjoyed helping out.




I would say Mason has grown in a year.

Mason's team went out to eat to celebrate after.  Brody and I met them there.
And you know I had to take pictures.



We had a bit of a wait at TX Roadhouse but the boys did grab peanuts.
Look at Koby, these boys were exhausted!


Mason's team faced some good pitchers this weekend.  One hit him by a pitch right in the leg.  He was glad it was a change up and not a fastball....I mean look at that bruise!


Coach cancelled practice Monday night since the Dirtbags played 6 games this weekend.
(and we let Brody skip one of his practices this week since he has three)
We had a pool party at one of Mason's teammates house and they had a blast.


And after hamburgers and hot dogs, they played a game of wife ball of course!


It was a GREAT weekend!  Hard to win championships, even harder for both teams to win in the same weekend.  They both played so great and just seem to love baseball.

It sure is fun watching them play.....especially when there is nothing else to do in the world these days. Thankful for baseball!

No comments:

Post a Comment