Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 8, 2010

Busy, Busy Weekend

Friday night John went with his dad to the Grizzlies game, so Mason and I went to my parents' house to eat dinner and just hang out.  We had a great time visiting, and Mrs. Connie came over!

Saturday, we cleaned, cleaned, cleaned all morning!! =)  This was VERY much needed!  I also went ahead and did my weekly grocery store shopping and added the things I needed for the Super Bowl.  So John and Mason got to spend some good quality time together all day! =)

Saturday night was girls night.  My good friend Lyndsey cooked a VERY good dinner for us girls, and we had a great time just hanging out.  Mason came along and had so much fun!  He loves attention, and he definately got plenty!  So I guess it was a girls plus one cute little guy night. =)  John got to spend some time with the guys eating wings and watching the UFC fights.

Mason didn't really go to sleep very easily Saturday night; he really wanted to suck on those fingers now that he is teething.  They say that your baby will tell you when they are ready to be unswaddled, and I guess he did.  We decided to try it Saturday and last night and he has slept perfectly.  I had been a little worried about the transition, but it worked great!  So no more swaddling!

Sunday we went back to church!!!  We haven't been since Mason arrived!  I cannot believe it has been that long.  It was very nice.  We didn't put him in the nursery so all the people we sit with could see him.  I think they were so happy to see him, but it was VERY hard to pay attention because I was so worred he was going to cry during the sermon.  (he never made a peep)  We will either try to nursery this coming Sunday or the next.  Here we are before we left.   (he looks thrilled   haha)

After church, we went to Humdingers!!!!  It is sooo good...not too expensive and pretty healthy!  It is a little spicy though.  Definately our new favorite place.

  
Sunday night was of course the Super Bowl!!! I'm actually not that big a fan of the big game because I never end up watching the game!  Our friends Kevin and Jessica had a party, and we had a great time with good friends and way too much food!  Mason got to go to his SECOND party of the weekend!  He wore the cutest little outfit that our friends Dave and Jenna bought him, but when I started taking pictures he was already in his jammies! =(



Someone took
this picture far
away so it's blurry.
Mason was asleep
here in Will's
arms!






Here is Jake holding the little dude.


This is when Mason was getting VERY sleepy!  Sherene was trying to rock him to sleep! =)


So needless to say, Masom is exhausted today!  With such an eventful weekend on top of teething = very tired little boy.  His teeth are sooo close to popping through.  I ordered this teething toy called a Sophie Giraffe...I cannot wait until it gets here!  It is the number one baby item being sold on Amazon.com right now, and all the reviews say the babies love them.  We have been trying different things.  Mrs. Connie told us to try a cold, wet wash cloth...

 And we have been using the teething ring his Aunt Becca, Uncle Robert, and Reese game him because it fits in his little mouth!


So I didn't intend to write such a long post!  Sorry!!

No comments:

Post a Comment