Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Sick Little Guy

We went to Miss Brinkley's first birthday party this weekend.  We had a great time!  She got all kinds of fun things and Mason was checking them all out too...licking the toys, chewing on her new set of car keys, etc.  (I think I even said at one point, "Don't worry, he isn't sick.") 



Here is the birthday girl!!







She loved the green icing that spelled "Brinkley"!

 Diggin in!



Well after all that fun, we were getting ready to leave and I noticed Mason felt very warm but he was acting like he felt okay. He had a 102 degree fever! Sunday morning he woke up and it was very obvious he did not feel well at all.  I guess he hasn't ever been sick besides ear infections.  It was sooo bad.  You just feel so helpless when they feel that bad.  He wouldn't let you put him down and he would just lay his head on your chest. 

Luckily, our pediatrician's office is open on Sunday afternoons.  They checked for strep because his throat was so red (but it is rare in children this young), and he didn't have it.  So it is just a virus that has his whole mouth raw, high fever, and just feeling awful.  No medicine besides Tylenol and ibuprofen. 

And no daycare the last two days.  John kept him Monday (it looked like a tornado came through the house by the time I got home from work!!!) and our mom's split time with him today!!!  My work isn't exactly easy to get off spur of the moment, so I am soooo thankful for John, my mom, and Mr. Larry and Mrs. Judy!!!!  I cannot thank yall enough! 




Here is the Little Man.  He won't let go of his paci. 



Even sick, he still finds time to taunt Emma!


So sweet! =)



I think Mason is on the ups and going to start feeling like his normal self tomorrow!  Now, I just pray sweet Brinkley doesn't get sick!!!











1 comment:

  1. your blog is cute & your little boy is absolutely adorable! hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete