The last time I posted, we were headed to Mason's first Ole Miss football game. John and I were very excited and had everything ready the night before. Mason went to bed a little later than normal and woke up Saturday morning a little EARLIER than usual. We assumed he would sleep most of the hour on the way there and boy were we wrong! (we could've planned the timing a little better) He talked the whole way there. We arrived in the grove around 9:00 (his nap time!!!) and about ten minutes later...disaster struck!! He began screaming...
and screaming...
and screaming!!!!!!!!!!!
I tried to rock him to sleep, walked him around for what seemed like forever, and strolled him around for what seemed like forever! We took him to check out the band...no luck. For almost two hours...he yelled. Towards the end of his adventure in the Grove, he was actually screaming with his eyes shut because he was so tired. With all the commotion, missing his nap, all the people - it was just too much for him. He honestly has never just screamed that much in his life as he did Saturday!
John pushed his stroller while I carried the unhappy little man back to the car (walking by a ton of people who couldn't help but to turn their heads to see if we were hurting him because at that point I had never heard the type of sounds coming out of my child's mouth). He still couldn't sleep in the car. It was time for something drastic...I called my mom! =) We thank her soooooo much for meeting me in Holly Springs and taking him to her house. He yelled the entire way to Holly Springs in the car. When I got him out of his car seat, he was actually shaking he was so mad, but he instantly laid his head on my shoulder and went to sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!
He slept all the way back to Memphis, and played and had a wonderful day at Gami's house.
I drove back to Oxford to catch the rest of the game and relax! I had knots in my neck!
I didn't get a single picture of that day and honestly very glad we don't have anything to remember it by. John and I are both wondering if Mason just doesn't like Ole Miss.
****************************
Anyways, onto something better.
Here are our cute new shoes. But recently we discovered that the setback on walking all of a sudden are these things!! So the last few days I have sent him to daycare in socks only and we have progressed much more! Today he was taking soooooo many more steps!!
Here is is pushing his car around in his polo and first jeans! He is just too cute! =)
John says I should definitely delete this picture, but I think it is priceless. Everyday when we get home from daycare, I sit him down by his toys but he crawls over to Emma's kennel. I now have to shut the door as soon as I let her out so this does not happen anymore! He really was having so much fun though!
Mason LOVES rocks and Mr. Jimbo found him this shiny river rock! He could play with it for hours! He does the same thing every time: Gets it in his hand, stands up, throws it, crawls to it, and starts the process all over again.
Our neighbors had a garage sale but they brought this little cart thing over for Mason to have. Their two girls and the little boy across the street played outside with it for years and she wanted Mason to have it. I thought that was so sweet. He of course loves it. He has already figured out he can lug his toys around in it!
We also decided to buy this slide thing to put in the backyard. I think he will love it!!! (and it was only $20!)
Since it has been so chilly in the mornings here, we have gotten out his coat! I think he looks sooooo cute in it! =) He really wasn't too sure what to think though.
We are just having a normal, busy week this week. I start back this Friday working! I think I had gotten use to cleaning the house and doing laundry on my day off!
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment