We have had an eventful weekend. For the third weekend in a row, we have worked on these rooms. There is plenty more to do but I am done for the time being! We got the sheets and quilt in, bought a bookshelf, and lugged all the toys in the room. Since then, we have slept in the bed once (he was already asleep when we put him in there), not slept in it twice for naps but instead played and talked, put some of the books on the shelf (then read everyone of them), and pulled out every toy.
Here are some pictures...
All of the toys seemed to have made themselves right at home.
I have to put some curtains up and put some wall decals on the wall. Then we have to start on the baby's room...it is a disaster in there.
Speaking of baby, I think I forgot to mention his name.
It's official, his name will be...
BRODY WYNN BROWER
Back to this weekend, Mason was very helpful and let Emma out...through the FRONT door! It seriously takes an army to chase her down and it was just John and I but we managed. We might be needing to invest in a baby gate to put in front of the door. Here are the partners in crime:
But the biggest event of the weekend was...
Mason tee teed in the potty! We have had a Cars potty for a while but he hasn't been interested. Just this week he has started sitting on it and saying he was going potty (but wasnt really). Tonight before bath he decided he wanted to try and sure enough...he went! And not to be gross, but it was a lot! I know we have a ways to go but this is a start. Mrs. Pat was going to start working with him this week so I was excited!!!
Well it took me a long time to write this between cooking, bath time, and putting a sweet little boy to bed. But he successfully went to sleep in his big boy bed! (I think! We haven't heard him for a minute).

Great work on the big boy room! I love the name y'all choose for the baby. So cute! Can't wait to see more photos of the room once it's done and to see photos of the nursery. :)
ReplyDelete