Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Festival

The last couple of weekends, I felt we had been keeping Mason trapped in the house because we were getting ready for things later that night (and of course college football was on).  I was very excited when Becca wanted to go to the Germantown Festival.  John and Robert both had tee times so we ventured out alone with the kids.  It did feel much hotter than they claimed, but we still had a great time. We ended up staying for almost four hours!

After we walked around looking at everything, it was time for face painting.  I'm not sure how many times Reese and Mason asked about getting their faces painted. =)

She got a rainbow and Mason sported Spiderman (or Fireman as he says).  Next we all got a strawberry daiquiri, non-alcoholic of course, and sat in the shade to cool off.  And then it was time to ride some rides.


They also bounced in a bounce house until they just couldn't do it anymore.   Fortunately, there was some shade around there so Brody, Becca, and I weren't dripping in sweat.  Instead, Brody just slept. This is what he did the entire time. It's a nice life getting strolled around on a pretty day.


To end the fun, Reese and Mason enjoyed some yummy ice cream.  They deserved it after walking around the whole festival.

Mason fell asleep on the way home around 6:00.  We could not get him up when we got home, so no bath or dinner!   I had to wake him up the next morning and give him a bath before school.  I think he definitely had a fun day!


---------------------------


This morning Mason's preschool had family chapel.  They have chapel every Wednesday and the school wanted to show the parents what they do during that time.  John wasn't able to get off work.   Honestly, he is not putting near as many hours in now that he was before Brody because he takes Mason to school each morning. (But that will change soon when I go back to work!)

I wasn't sure how it would work and if Mason would know I was there.  They entered the chapel at the front so they never really noticed the parents.  And the 2 year old classes sat up front, so I actually had a hard time seeing him.  But they had an awesome lady leading them this morning and they sang about 5 songs.  Each song had hand motions that went along with it.  It honestly was the sweetest thing I have ever seen and heard.  All the kids were so excited and they actually knew much more about Jesus than I thought they would at such a young age.  I know I'm always a little more emotional but I'm pretty sure I could speak for all the parents when I say you couldn't help but to smile the entire time and I had to hold back my watery eyes.

It really just made me so happy he is going there and excited for whats to come.

I will say that I did watch them walk back to the preschool.  Mason again did not see me but I saw him. He had his hands in his pockets and instead of walking was jumping over all the speed bumps in the parking lot. :)   He's all boy.




And I will end with pictures I took yesterday afternoon.  Look how big Brody is getting!!  He's huge!!!
Here he is trying to talk.


And here are the two most important little boys in my life.


1 comment: