Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy Baby

Brody has not been quite as easy as big brother Mason was.  To say he was fussy is an understatement. Honestly, if he was awake...he was screaming.  Not crying but screaming.  And absolutely no way you can just let him "cry it out". He loses his breath and turns purple. It is no fun for anyone.

After gas drops did nothing, we finally tried Gripe water.  I don't know what is in it or what it is exactly intended for and I don't care.  It seems to work miracles for this little boy (heck, our whole family) so we will continue to buy this stuff each week, even if it is $10!

So now that we are on the verge of becoming a happy baby, I have some pictures to post.  There had been absolutely no smiling, never even tried.  I was so happy this week when he started smiling and making sweet noises.


He has also decided he likes the swing.  He will sit in it for a little while and just look around.



John and I went to the Ole Miss v. Texas game this past weekend.  We usually have season tickets and go to all the home games and maybe even one away game but not this year.  We have missed the first two games already.  This year we have a new coach.  We may not be very good and certainly lacking on talent and size (bc of the coach prior to) but everyone is very excited about the future!  The players and the fans are excited.  As long as we win the games we are expected to and give effort each game...I will be a happy camper! :)

Texas was ranked #14 in the country and had never been to Oxford.  It was an insane weekend there and I'm so glad we got to tailgate and go to the game!!!  We did not win but I'm still proud of this team! They never gave up.

The Grove was packed.  John and I couldn't find each other for over an hour and there were only two tents we could be at.  We were probably passing each other back and forth but never saw each other.


My fav part of pre-game, the band playing in the Grove. Gives me chills every time.


This was about 30 prior to the game, the student section was nuts.


Betty White led the Hotty Toddy at the beginning of the game.  You should YouTube it.  It was awesome. :)


Okay, back to reality.  The boys did not come.  We were there forever and the game didn't start until 8:15!!!  But of course I dressed them in their game day attire.

Brody is like "What's going on Mason?" And it doesn't look like Mason is very sure. 



We have also run out of entertainment in this tiny house.   But Dad stepped up and took one for the team.


And I will end it with this cute little thing.  Not only is he happier, but he actually slept a little over 7 1/2 hours last night and then went right back to sleep.  Maybe it was a fluke, but I liked it!  I start back to work in another week and I would love nothing more than him to be sleeping like that!


1 comment: