Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, December 6, 2013

A Stay Home Day

Our elves have been busy around here.  Leroy and his buddy got into the chocolate chip cookies we made the night before.  They seem to love cookies as much as Mason and Brody.  



Mason doing his best silly face.  


Just hanging around in the kitchen.  


A couple of nights ago I turned around to tell the boys we were home and this is what I found.  He has never fallen asleep like that before and it does not look comfortable. 


The elves were helping the superheros fight off the bad guys. 


Brody does not quite understand Elf of a Shelf.  He thinks they are toys (who wouldn't?!?).  He picks them up when no one is around and begins growling with them or throwing them down.  Typical boy.  Mason is a little worried Santa isn't going to leave toys for him if he continues terrorizing his elf. 


They are his toys and nothing we say or do can change that.  =) 



We found out yesterday that Mason's school was cancelled and my work was closing Friday due to the ice storm.  We were pretty excited.  Not to mention, The Sound of Music Live with Carrie Underwood came on.  I had been telling Mason how it was one of my all time favorite movies all week.  

John had bowling so it was just the three of us. 


I'm not sure if Mason is more excited about the movie or eating his PB&J on the couch in the playroom.   Either way, he was excited...just look at this picture.  

Not only did they wake up to a "stay home" day as Mason calls it, but Leroy and his buddy were roasting marshmallows by the fireplace.  



 And once again, I turned my back and Brody had ripped the sticks of marshmallows from the elves.   (how cute are their cheapo pjs from Target?!  I love them.)



John had to work but we are anxiously waiting on his return.  It is so cold outside and has been raining/ freezing rain/ sleeting all day, and it isn't going to get above freezing tomorrow.  I cooked chili and hamburger stew since we will probably be inside the entire weekend.  


We have watched several Christmas movies today.  The Polar Express has been our favorite so far. (they are allowed on the couch, they just wanted to sit on the floor =)  ) 

And we are cooking homemade ornaments as we speak.  I saw a recipe on Pinterest and had all ingredients at home.  Hopefully we can paint them tonight!

Once John gets home, we are lighting the fire.  I cannot wait!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun day! What did you think of the live Sound of Music? I'd love to see photos of the finished ornaments. I've seen those on pinterest too but haven't tried them. Hope y'all are staying warm!

    ReplyDelete