Just like every year, this Christmas post will be long and full of pictures.
I actually went back to work Christmas Eve. We only had a half day scheduled, but I needed to work. I had been off six days in a row. Brody went on to Pat's house and Mrs. Judy and Mr. Larry were able to watch Mason. John decided last minute for them to watch him at our house. He thought the company would be nice.
I was very thankful they came over because a neighbor had invited Mason to come over that morning to decorate cookies for Santa. Since we moved in about the time it started getting darker earlier outside, we haven't really been able to spend as much time with the neighborhood kids as we would like. He had so much fun and was very proud of his work. (I was happy he made them, unfortunately, cookies for Santa has been the last thing on my mind)
I actually went back to work Christmas Eve. We only had a half day scheduled, but I needed to work. I had been off six days in a row. Brody went on to Pat's house and Mrs. Judy and Mr. Larry were able to watch Mason. John decided last minute for them to watch him at our house. He thought the company would be nice.
I was very thankful they came over because a neighbor had invited Mason to come over that morning to decorate cookies for Santa. Since we moved in about the time it started getting darker earlier outside, we haven't really been able to spend as much time with the neighborhood kids as we would like. He had so much fun and was very proud of his work. (I was happy he made them, unfortunately, cookies for Santa has been the last thing on my mind)
Another one bites the dust. Mr. Larry shaved his head while they were over.
Ever since I was a little girl, my parents have wrapped up Christmas jammies with a note "Open on Christmas Eve". That tradition continues with our little guys. We usually go to my parents on Christmas Eve, but we stayed home to rest. They came in with the gifts and Mason was so excited...obviously he forgot it would be clothes. =)
This little guy didn't mind. He was thrilled.
I am telling you, Brody is going to be our little trouble maker. He is so quiet, but I think he is just thinking of his next plan. This weekend he really started showing us what's to come with tantrums. Can't wait.
And then there's this...I don't know how this happens. That is one giant belly.
But he is oh so cute.
Once the kids were down, "Santa" began playing with the toys.
Superhero figures and a pirate toy. That's all Mason ever said he wanted. This was a very fun, yet easy age. Brody didn't care a thing about it of course, but has just wanted whatever Mason is playing with all week.
Mason woke up first and came to get us. We all woke up Brody (Mason was yelling, "Brody, Santa came! Wake up!") and headed downstairs.
He loves Elmo.
"It is just what I wanted!"
I found this Umizoomi toy last minute and Brody LOVES the thing. It sings one of their songs pretty LOUD and dances. Hasn't left his side.
Eating the rest of Santa's cookie...this kid loves sweets.
Time to open our gifts. John and I didn't do too much for each other this year, but Mason found a pair of Batman pjs in the Target ad on Thanksgiving and begged me to get them for his Daddy. I kept telling John Mason picked out something all on his own for him. I think he approved.
Happiest kid ever.
Next, we always head to Mickey Mouse and Pops' house (in our pjs) to open gifts.
Pops got Mason 70 Hot Wheels cars...just what we needed.
Looks like a tornado came through.
Another tradition...sausage balls.
Such a cute picture. (notice Mason is holding up his Batman figure)
He has played with the figures nonstop. Thats really all he wanted and thats all he has cared about.
It is almost impossible to get a good family picture these days.
My Dad had asked Mrs. Peggy to bring her clippers so she could shave his head. I'm not gonna lie, I was so nervous...but it turned out so good! I think he should keep it like that. Who knew his hair was so long?!
Then TJ and Daniel had her do theirs also. I know John is so appreciative of all these kind gestures. He is so loved.
We ran over to Mrs. Connie and Mr. Jimbo to exchange gifts with Brinkley. Check out these awesome hats. I had never seen them before and I love them!!! You squeeze and the ears flop up.
Haha
We have spent many Christmas' taking pictures in front of this tree and will have many more!!! There's nothing like a sister-cousin.
It was a very fun, but long day. John did really well but definitely wore himself out. We are having his family's Christmas Saturday at our house and then my family will be over for Sunday brunch. I think he will do better in his own home, and if he gets tired or needs to rest, he can.
















No comments:
Post a Comment