Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas

 Saturday night after our 2nd Thanksgiving meal, John and I went to Lyndsey's birthday party for a couple of hours.  She turned 30 and we karaoked.  There were speakers and microphones galore...Im sure her neighbors were enjoying the music.  

I won't lie, I was worried there would be moments of awkwardness, but not with her family there!  They started singing right away and when John and I left, they were still going.  



Love these girls. 



I have officially stopped decorating for Christmas.  I'm planning to buy some new decorations once Christmas is over when everything goes on sale.  All of our old stuff just doesn't fit so I had to use some DIY skills!!!  

I was super excited to decorate the front door.  I bought a couple of things that lit up, went to plug them in, and sure enough, the outlet was broken!!  I was determined.  I had a half day off the day before Thanksgiving.  Once Brody went down for a nap, I got my electrician skills on and replaced the outlet.  Only got shocked a couple of times, but it works now!



The tree.  Mason said it has "crazy man hair".  

Made a wreath to go over the couch.  That deco mesh is cheap and easy!



I changed out my kitchen sign with a Christmas saying. 






Mason's tree.  Brody doesn't have one yet, but I'm thinking of getting him one next year when he understands. 


Our old tree in the playroom with our Ole Miss stockings.  I put all the boys' homemade and picture ornaments on this one.  I love looking back at them.  I have already bought little picture ornaments for 2013. 


The front door.  (I just found out Poinsettias don't go outside in the cold...we will see how long they stay alive). 

All lit up in the dark. =)


I also have this garland inside the front door.  I love it...and if you look closely, you will see Leroy is back!  And he has brought a friend for Brody.  (I guess he won't have a name until Brody can name him)


Happy boys.



I really wanted an ornament of our new house and our first home.  They are expensive on Etsy and also booked up until after Christmas.  I just decided to try it on my own.  I think it turned out okay...not a professional but it will do!  



No comments:

Post a Comment