Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Santa 2013 and Chemo (those words shouldn't go together!)

This blog has always been about our little guys and I don't want to forget to document anything about them.  This is the most wonderful time of the year and I think Mason is definitely old enough to know that now.  

Here they are in their Christmas PJs that I LOVE.  I ordered them a while ago and had my Mom monogram them.  


They have been going on like nothing has happened....playing and fighting as usual.  Here is a moment of lots of giggles and laughs.  (All coming from Mason spitting water in Brody's face...whatever it takes!)


Leroy and his friend have been mischievous.




I hadn't taken the boys to see Santa and I wasn't sure when we would be able to go.  Sunday, the boys and I met Mom at the Collierville mall.  That may have been a bad idea since it is outdoors and ended up being much cooler than I thought.  

Excited to see Santa.....

Until he saw this line.  It took FOREVER.  I ran around for about an hour and a half chasing Brody who was squawking like a bird trying to get free.  


But it was worth it.  




****************************



John had his first round of chemo yesterday.  It was an all morning process and the day wore him out.  We were able to speak to Dr. Weeks before the chemo.  The pathology came back exactly what he thought it would.  No surprises there, thank goodness.  I was a nervous wreck.  

He did say we would need to do 4 cycles of chemo.  We were really hoping 3, so that was a let down, but whatever it takes to get him healthy!!!!  

The chemo took about two and a half hours.  I went with him this visit, but he will go alone most others.  

The doctor thought it was great John went on and shaved his head.  His thought is "I want to lose my hair on my own terms".  =)

He did very well with the treatment.  It felt cold going in, but having to do it through the IV this cycle sounds like it won't be an issue.  He felt same as always getting the medicine.  We left and had to go by both of our jobs and grabbed lunch.  He was VERY pale and tired but did well.  

I took him home to sleep, and I went to pick up the boys and try to do a little Christmas shopping.  (Im beginning to think, if you don't already have a gift from me....you are not getting one!  Sorry!)

Mason is totally okay with the shaved head now.  Him and his Daddy got to lay on the couch together (well John slept) and watch tv.  I feel like there will be a lot of this.


He did start to feel nauseas last night.  It hit him around 7pm.  We have Zofran that did help some.  His body NEVER gets medications, and he is taking Lortab every 4 hours (even setting an alarm at night) and now the chemo.  I am sure it feels nauseas!!!!!  I hate that he looks so pale but hopefully the color will come back soon.


All in all it was a great day!!!!  We have already had the testicle removed and now started chemo.  We are on a fast track to get this done and never look back.  It will hopefully all just be a bad memory.  

He is just the best guy in the whole world and I hate this is happening to him.  But he has soooooo many people who love him and are here for him.  I know he is just in shock of the generosity of everyone we know.  THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment