Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Gone Fishin'

Well, Ole Miss made it to Omaha.  First time in 42 years.  We've almost been there too many times to remember, but we've broken the curse…FINALLY. 


Our garden is still doing well.  I have definitely figured out some things to change for next year, but we are excited to be picking veggies.  All his hard work is paying off. 


Brody was not happy he couldn't pick it. 


I asked if he wanted to take a picture with it to make him happy, he nodded yes.  I snapped this picture right as he attempted to take a bite.  


What it is like these days trying to get a picture of the two of them. 


It finally stopped raining for about 12 hours one day last week.  Exciting indeed. 


John has been working some long days, so we were happy to have my mom over one night last week.  Everyone needs a Mickey Mouse in their lives…


 She jumps rope.  


She jumps rope with kids half her height. 


And she plays baseball…but definitely has a hard time throwing a strike.  =)


Then we showed her some of the secret areas in our neighborhood during a walk.  Check out Mason's face.  Ha. 


Thursday night, we went to the Germantown Farmer's Market after work.  It wasn't raining when we got there but getting pretty dark outside.  We quickly checked out the booths, ordered some pizza, and looked at the chickens.  We ended up taking the pizza to-go once it started raining.  It is a great little local market and we definitely will return (hopefully this week!).  


Somehow, every one of us brought home our Father's Day gifts for John Thursday.  I am worlds' worst at spoiling gifts.  I just get so excited.  Mason painted this "beautiful" rock (as he said) for John.  

He told us he made sure he didn't put black or brown on it, just beautiful colors. 


He wasn't very happy when he saw what Mrs. Pat helped Brody make for John.  It is a stone for the yard with his handprint.  Mason was so worried his Daddy would like Brody's better than his, because his had "jewels" on it.   It ended up being a dead tie when John voted so crisis adverted.  =)


Only way I could get them both in a picture.  
Mason had tie-dye day at school (or throwback day).  


Our last t-ball game was Friday night.  Both teams were pretty short on players but we were still able to get the season ended.  Mason was ready to get an out….which is ALL he wanted.  Just to get someone out!

John helped with third base. Mason was ready to run. 


Poor thing.  It's hard being too young to play. 


Mason got the last out of the game.  The very last play to end the game.  He started screaming "I won!"    We still have to learn the whole "team" thing.  


We had a celebratory dinner at El Porton.  I cannot remember the last time we took both boys out to dinner.  I'm pretty sure we should do it more often because Brody (well both boys for that matter) doesn't understand using his inside voice.  He just screams…a lot.  


Don't let John tell you he isn't into this whole garden thing.  He is the first one go out there when we get home from work.  


We got a good doctor's report Thursday (more to come in next post) and decided to have a fun, family-filled Father's Day weekend.  So what did we start the weekend?!  Why Perkins, of course.   

And this kid was LOUD again.  


We went fishing after John had to meet the AC man for the third time this month at our rental property. AC trouble is expensive, so good thing fishing was free.  (besides the $8 TN fishing license that my honest husband made me purchase)


Mason enjoyed it at first, but him and I started having some problems getting the line tangled.  We were using an old fishing rod (unlike John's) and it was difficult.  


Brody fished on land. 


I took Brody with me and John had Mason.  I kept moving to wherever I saw little fish circles thinking it would help…but it didn't.  


We didn't catch a thing, and it could've been from this little fella being a tad loud.   I've heard you should be quiet.  


I guess he got hot...


John got sick of untangling my line and started taking pictures.  He gave me the easy pole, and I'm pretty good at casting if I do say so myself.  


Next, we went to the splash park.  It was later in the afternoon and a little too crowded.  The only other time we have been was early in the morning and that is definitely the way to do it. 

Big belly.  He was pretty apprehensive at first.  

Mason, on the other hand, LOVES the splash park.  He also loves running back to Mom and Dad and getting us wet. 


They lower the water pressure every 15 minutes or so, and it really helps with younger kids.  Brody was able to go check it out then.  

And then he got a little too comfortable with it.  This has to be a germaphobe's worst nightmare.  He never put his tongue on it, but I quickly removed ourselves from the situation.  


We went home, played a little in the cool house, and got ready for dinner.  We decided to take the kids out for Hibachi.  Brody was doing everything he could at this point to keep his eyes open, but they failed him.  


Ready for the show.  

So tired. 



I had my phone ready to take a picture when the cook lit the grill on fire.  

Ha. 


It had no affect on him.  He was out like a light. 


Mason really enjoyed it and especially loved his steak.  He didn't want the rice, but no problem there.  Im sure John or I will eat it.  Best stuff ever.  


After dinner, I had John drop me off at Sephora to run in and grab some lipstick Lyndsey recommended.  Honestly, I think this is the first time I have EVER bought makeup for myself, so I had to document it.  Santa always brings me an assortment of mascara and eyeliner (which is all I wear).  Ive decided I am grown-up enough now to wear makeup.  I just don't really like it and turns out, that mess is expensive.  


We had a very fun Father's Day that I will post about tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment