I am still posting about John's birthday. Apparently, we celebrated for a few days.
We went to my parents' house on his actual birthday for dinner. We had been trying to get pictures in our Team Ira shirts for a while, but Mason wasn't the best photographer. I made sure to bring the shirts so my mom could snap a picture. Our good friend's brother has brain cancer and they have made these shirts for supporters to wear to lift his spirits.
We got a one size fits all shirt. =)
Mom stopped by Nothing Bundt Cakes for dessert. I have to say, these were the best things I have ever put in my mouth. Oh my goodness. If you haven't tried them…you MUST!
I think its safe to say we all enjoyed them.
Mason was quite upset when he found out there wasn't going to be a lot of people at his Dad's birthday party. He was even more upset when I told him his birthday present was the lights on the house. We had to make a run to Walgreens to find something from Mason to give to John. He wanted to find something his Daddy could use to play with him. He was going for a football but found a water balloon kit and was very proud.

But I think it's safe to say…the present was for his own enjoyment. =)
I haven been working on a DIY Father's Day gift. The people were so nice at home depot and cut my wood for me! I stood there for a while looking at the hand saw until a nice man came over to help. MUCH easier.
We have had a ton of rain here lately but managed to have some time playing with our neighbors.
John has been having to work some pretty long hours and I called my mom over for backup one night. Brody prefers being chauffeured around.
Just a typical Friday night. I've always loved getting to do the airplane and so does Mason.
Mason has said a few funny things here lately I wanted to jot down.
1. He couldn't find something he made at school the other day. I was waiting on him to get upset about it, but instead, he just waked right out of the classroom and said, "Oh rats!"
2. I love when he says disgusting or recycling bin. They both start with the letter 'B' in his vocabulary. Bisgusting and bicycling bin. His sense of smell is pretty strong so I hear bisgusting frequently.
3. I talked a little bit about his love/hate relationship with t-ball in the last post. He came off the field last week after the first inning with them in the field. He looked at his coach and said, "Man, I had a really rough time out there." We laughed forever.
4. Not to mention, by the end of the game, when his own teammates got the ball (playing the field), he would just glare at them because he wasn't the one to make the play and he was mad at them. =)
Brody on the other hand is still not a man of too many words. His vocabulary has certainly picked up a ton here in the last couple of months and he does try to repeat anything you ask. He has "no" down and with an attitude too. Same with the word "stop".
He is a hitter too. Make him made, you better guard yourself. But really, he is a sweet sweet boy who loves to cuddle. He cries every morning when I drop him off and is so happy when I pick up. He always makes me feel so loved. =)











No comments:
Post a Comment