Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2014

Recital Recap


We had an awesome weekend.  It could've been better if it didn't rain the past 10 days, but we stayed in when it rained and stepped out when the sun was out. 


Saturday, we headed to Lowe's so we could do a little yard work.  Mason enjoyed riding on the cart….thank goodness because he was not happy that the race car cart wasn't available.  


We had to stop by Home Depot after and found a cart there.  These kids are really pestering each other these days.  I thought we were going to have to get another cart if they didn't stop pushing each other. 


We were having friends over for dinner Saturday night, so we stopped by our local seafood/meat market and picked up shrimp and steak.  I guess I always buy the frozen shrimp because these things had to be deveined.  Ew.  It ended up being worth it, but you better believe I made them eat them every single shrimp.  Not a one was going to go to waste after all that work.  


Ben made his famous green beans. Yum. 


Obviously, Brody was pretty fond of Melissa…   (he was also ready for the Ole Miss baseball game)


Dinner is served.  


 Mrs. Melissa had all kinds of ice cream sundae toppings from her class' end of year party.  Mason was in heaven.  He took everyone's order and helped her make them.  



Then we watched the Ole Miss game.  He wanted to sit with the boys.  And I have no idea why Mason felt the need to touch them both for the picture.  


Sunday morning, John and I headed to the FedEx St. Jude golf tournament.  He gets passes from work, and we have to go if he gets them.  We look forward to it every year.  


It turned out to be a beautiful day. 


I left just a couple of hours before it was over and picked up Mason while John stayed.  We headed downtown to Reese's dance recital.  He had been really excited about seeing her on stage and "going downtown".  

He did really good during the recital.  It definitely brought back all kinds of memories from the 10 years I danced.  Mason did let me know he was not interested in dancing.  Ha. 


She did so good up there.  She was made to perform.  =)  
(second from the right)


Mason saw her do this dance move and thought it was so funny.  He did it the rest of the day. 


We all went to Majestic Grille for dinner and it was delicious.  We had a great time with the Andersons and the Browers.   I had talked to Mason about our fun day date;  first the recital, then a nice restaurant, but I hadn't told him about the trolley ride.  

He was so excited when he found out we were getting on a trolley.  


Riding down Main Street…doing his hands like Reese in her recital. 

And again…silly kids. 



Such a fun day with this one.  


Although this looks painful, I assure you he enjoyed the ice cream after dinner. 


Waiting on the trolley jumping around like wild banshees. 


Photo cred goes to Becca here, but I just love this picture.  
Mason just adores her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment