Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

5 Yr Checkup, Shots, and Everything in Between

Whelp, Leroy and his friend arrived by plane this week.  I was really dreading it excited.  It is just so hard to remember them some nights.  


We went with Michelangelo for Brody's...ya know because he loves pizza so.  Here he is in his true picture spirit. 



Mason went for his five year checkup this week.  His birthday was in October but I completely forgot about scheduling him an appointment.  He was very excited about this visit because at Dr. Bubba's office, you get to put your handprint and name on the wall if there are no tears during the big Kindergarten shots.  


This little squirt weighed in at 36 and 1/2lbs and 42 and a quarter in. tall.  
Dr. Bubba assured me he wasn't "skinny".  He is in the 25-50% and has been climbing up the scale since he was little.  He also said good for us that he can sleep so much.  The kid just needs his sleep.  


The shots did not go as planned unfortunately.  They had to put them in his little legs but he was still smiling right before they stuck him.  The first shot didn't go well and it got worse with the rest.  He was so sad he didn't get to put his hand on the wall.  =(

He walked with a limp for good 24 hours.  He said it wouldn't have been so bad if the lady hadn't stabbed him so hard.  =)



I had some time before picking up Brody so we had a little date at Target and he cheered right up.  And I told him he can now go to Kindergarten...that helped.  


And Brody already forgot you can't touch them....


We went to the lighting of the Collierville town square Tuesday night.  It was freezing so we had to bundle up.


Our Fam. 


Mickey Mouse or "Me Mouse" as Brody says met us up there.  They had hot chocolate to keep us warm and the local school choirs to entertain. 


Santa arrived to turn the lights on.  



The elves treated the boys with hot chocolate for when they got home from school. 



Mason told me before bed that he really hoped the elves flew up onto the Christmas tree one morning.  Well that is an easy one...


And Brody couldn't reach them. 


Poor Emma finally had surgery on Thursday.  We had been putting it off until we knew we would be home with her.  Her ears were back and she was not looking forward to it. 


Because no one likes surgery...

Thursday night John was bowling and I was watching Peter Pan the Musical with the kids.  They were jumping around yelling and next thing I know, Mason said his tummy hurt.  I wasn't sure if he was fibbing to stay up later until he told me he was ready for bed.  I knew something was up.

Fifteen minutes later he was up chucking.  I went to change his sheets and poor kid fell asleep on the floor....

And was up sick all night.


I woke up to head to work Friday morning.  It is too difficult for me to get off on Fridays so John was going to stay home Mason.  I went into Brody's room to get him ready for the day and he had vomit all over him.  Gross.

I felt awful leaving John home with two sick boys.  Not to mention, there was about 15 loads of laundry that now needed to be done.  Thankfully, someone was able to cover my schedule mid-morning and I came home.


It was the pits.


No comments:

Post a Comment