I love Thanksgiving. Spending time with family, an excuse to eat an enormous amount of food, and the Macy's parade. I have come to the conclusion that watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is out of the question in a house full of boys. At least I have the other two things...
My Dad's birthday fell on Thanksgiving this year. Mason was adamant that we bake him a strawberry cake (his favorite) with real strawberries on top.
Mom wanted us to get a family picture....she just forgot to stop talking and smile. It's a Childress problem. We literally have eight pictures very similar. I still think they turned out great. Such pretty colors.
We are over here! =)
But I think this one turned out the best. It's a framer.
I do love a picture with this guy.
Mason was super excited it was Pop's birthday. He wrote him a Happy Birthday card and drew a picture of the both of them all by himself (I had to help him spell HB).
Cute boy ready to eat.
Singing Happy Birthday. I'm almost certain Brody thought we were singing to him for a second.
Brody was beyond tired at this point. He wanted that cake so bad he had Mrs. Peggy feed him. She was having a hard time getting it in his mouth quick enough. Spoiled little thing. =)
Using Uncle Wayne as a prop so he wouldn't fall asleep.
She always outdoes herself with the cooking and desserts.
With Thanksgiving also comes Mom and I's annual shopping extravaganza. I think we are going to have to borrow someone's daughter at some point in my life. I will need a shopping buddy the day after I borrow her to watch the Macy's Parade.
Gina usually comes along for some of it.
This was just my car after a few hours Thanksgiving night. Don't ask about Friday...
Let me also say that John and I had done well and bought Mason his big gift the weekend before. He wants Skylanders for Christmas and that is all. Don't ask me exactly what this is but it seems to be a game with figurines. Anyways, we found a big bundle pack with the game and all. It was not cheap.
We have always hidden their gifts at the bottom of John's closet so his slacks cover the boxes. When Reese was over last Wednesday, they played hide and go seek and I'm sure you can guess where this story is going...
Mason his in John's closet. He comes running out yelling, "Who is this big box of Skylanders in Daddy's closet for?!"
Mom told me she thought we could still get by with having Santa bring it to him but at Thanksgiving, my cousin Tami asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he said, "that box of Skylanders in my Daddy's closet".
So off to the stores I went to buy even more stuff. All of the gifts are in the attic now...
Saturday was our last home game in Oxford for the year. It is always so bittersweet.
I was excited to spend the day with John.
We have always hidden their gifts at the bottom of John's closet so his slacks cover the boxes. When Reese was over last Wednesday, they played hide and go seek and I'm sure you can guess where this story is going...
Mason his in John's closet. He comes running out yelling, "Who is this big box of Skylanders in Daddy's closet for?!"
Mom told me she thought we could still get by with having Santa bring it to him but at Thanksgiving, my cousin Tami asked him what he wanted for Christmas and he said, "that box of Skylanders in my Daddy's closet".
So off to the stores I went to buy even more stuff. All of the gifts are in the attic now...
Saturday was our last home game in Oxford for the year. It is always so bittersweet.
I was excited to spend the day with John.
And then we realized we left our tickets at home and had to turn around. This wasn't fun but I will say...being a crazy, superstitious football fan...we decided since we got pulled over and given a speeding ticket on the way to the Bama game (which we won), maybe this was a sign. We were just doing our part in helping the team win...
I was happy to see Lyndsey, aka soon to be Mrs. Harmon. It was her birthday and she got engaged the night before. How exciting!!
Love.
The Colonel.
It was another fun game to be at. What an awesome home game experience this season (besides one broken leg...literally). It has been a great year.
I do always dread a rivalry game. This one in particular. It just isn't safe to talk about the game the week leading up to it, because who knows what will happen. The home team seems to always win whether they are favored or not. So glad we were on the winning side this year. I will take it .
We won!! We won!! So glad we left the tickets at home that morning!!
We had a lazy Sunday.
We watched the Packers play and put up our Christmas decorations outside the house. Brody won't leave our "noman" alone.
We watched a movie last night to wind down before going back to work/school this week.
It was a lovely break.









Such great memories and I would have DIED if my boys saw their gifts, that is classic!!! Hotty Toddy, great game!!! :)
ReplyDelete