Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Catching up with our Busy Life


Saturday we went to Mrs. Pat's annual Christmas party for all the families she has watched.  She always outdoes herself. 

First Christmas party of the year. 


Being sweet brothers. 


Me Mouse came. 


Santa always makes it to the party.  Mason was very excited to tell him what he wanted for Christmas.  Once we set Brody on his lap, the little booger immediately slid right back off.  Here he is in mid-slide. 


Brody and his best friend Sam. 


He did muster up enough courage to grab his gift from Santa. 





We have also been enjoying the Advent Calendar Uncle Wayne and Aunt Gina sent the boys....even in our mismatching pjs. 


Saturday afternoon/night Mr. Ben came over to help replace our stairs.  


He has a couple of small things left to do and then I can get to painting.  So much better!


Our elves got tied up with Mason's spider. 



Sunday afternoon I went to an Ugly Christmas Sweater brunch at Alchemy.  The food was amazing. 

 Brody wanted a selfie. 


After brunch, I met John and the boys at his parents' house.  The whole Brower family got together for dinner to celebrate Mr. Larry being back home.  He has been in Houston for the past six weeks getting treatment for prostate cancer and is now all completed.  


We finally broke out the Fat Bastard wine that we bought last year to drink after John was deemed cancer free.  We never got around to drink it, so we decided to have a glass for no more cancer in the family (or anyone close to us) and a much better year in 2015!  


These boys celebrated with balloons.  


After dinner, we went to GBC for the living nativity show with Robert, Becca, and the kids.  It was chilly but nothing a little popcorn popped over an open fire can't take care of.   The kids were all great and we enjoyed the show. 


And I'm always down for a picture...even if they edited that backdrop so our heads are misshaped.  


Leroy and Michaelangelo hanging around.



Monday afternoon Brian called to see if we wanted their extra suite tickets to the Usher concert that night.  After calling our trusty sitters (or Grandparents), we decided to be spontaneous and go.  It was the BEST concert.


Such a fun night!

 Party Animal


Picked Mason up from school and found this in his artwork.  I about died.  After sending it to several people, I asked him about it.  He told me he thought the belly button was hilarious.  (sweet boy is fortunately still completely innocent)  Turns out, his little friend in class drew it.  I can only imagine what is to come...



Put our Christmas jammies on and attempted a picture.  Just not happening with Brody these days.

He gets the mean face only when the camera comes out.


Mason asked his elf if he could end up in the fridge one morning.  He was thrilled when it happened the next day.


I have been trying to figure out what to do with our Christmas cards we receive.  I love this idea plus we have another tree up in the house.


Yesterday we went to Davis' first birthday party.  It was a circus theme and Emily outdid herself.  It was a great party.


We had Grandma Reba's family Christmas reunion today at our house.  John volunteered us last year (thanks John).  But really, it turned out great.  I even cooked a turkey or it may have been smoked by Corky's.  Regardless, that thing came out of my oven and I was proud.



Grandpa James got to come.


John and Robert still twinning it after all these years in their matching vests.

No comments:

Post a Comment