Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 29, 2014

Christmas Part 1

The boys' loot.  



Brody ran right up to his and kept saying "Woah". 


We ended up wrapping Mason's big Skylander gift but I did put a couple of the figurines out.  He fell on the floor all dramatically in disbelief.  It was great.  =)

"Oh my goodness!  I just can't believe it!"

The gift he found months ago....


This sweet boy just loves little figurines.  Here he is lining up the Disney characters. 


5 and 2 are great ages for Christmas. 


Headed out to Mickey Mouse and Pops' house in our jammies to open gifts. 




Just ripping through it all. 


My favorite picture of the day.



Mason had just told Mickey Mouse how much he loved her.  He was so excited about the SHIRT she bought him.  

John got a new watch. 


Fun morning with the gparents.  They are way too good to us. 


Mason woke up Christmas Eve assuming there would be snow.  I mean he was really disappointed (and Im pretty sure it happened last year also).  Mickey Mouse found some InstaSnow and we made some ourselves if Mother Nature wasn't gonna cooperate. 


Poor Brody was exhausted by this point. 





And we also made it across the street to Mrs. Connie and Mr. Jimbo's so Brinkley and Mason could exchange gifts. 


You think they were excited to see each other?!


Our annual Christmas picture since about 3 years old. 


We went back to my parents and began loading up the car.  Next think we know, Brody is passed out on the floor.  This kid has never done that.  He was beyond tired.



It was a great day with my awesome people.  We had a wonderful time celebrating Jesus' birthday and we have so many things to be thankful for.




I have been reflecting back on our year for a while now.  I cannot find it in me to think this was a bad year.  In fact, I think it has been an amazing year.  Sure there were some low points, some tears, and some "whys".....but those did not last long.

 

I am thankful for the opportunity for our marriage to become closer than I ever thought it could.

I am thankful I was shown how selfless my husband is - He only worried about the boys and myself....never himself.  This is something I know I need to work on.

I am thankful for John's strength.  Life went on for him even though he was really, really sick.  He did not let it show.

I am thankful for the medical team and medical advances that helped cure him because I cannot imagine life without him.

I am thankful God blessed our family much more than we deserve this year and we will NEVER forget it.



It is now the end of December and we are all healthy.





(Christmas Part 2 is coming but we are off to ATL tomorrow for our bowl game so who knows when that will happen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment