Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Memorial Day

Backing it up to Memorial Day Weekend.
 John was still in the Bahamas.
The boys and I were invited to a party a The Salentine's house.  Someone was excited about crawfish.



I brought Mom for backup and for company.  =)


My boss needed someone to help dog sit this little thing.   Emma could've done without her. 


The boys just loved playing with her. 


Most people go to the lake or the beach for the holiday weekend, but not us (this year).  We got our hands dirty and worked in the yard.  Never too young to start them.  (but really, this was about as much as they did...those bags didn't get much further than that)

Meanwhile, back in the Bahamas, John was having fun...


This is the one he caught. 

The water is gorgeous. 

The crew. 




John got back home Sunday night.  The boys were beyond thrilled.  I don't remember the same welcoming when I came home from the beach.  

But let me add, I made a big deal out of it.  We bought brownies to cook him, I reminded them 100 times he was coming home, and let them wait up for him.  But I still was a tad shocked I didn't get the same warm welcome. 

I even bought the little boogers toys when I went on my girls trip...all John brought home was this free hat they gave him.  Of course, they just loved it and wanted their pictures taken with him and his brownie.  Ha


I mean look at that smile. 

All joking aside, I was also very happy he was home.  We sure missed him and life is a little more boring without him.



We had a lazy day Monday.  No work + a rainy morning = lounging around.
There are two kids, two adults, and two dogs on this couch.


The sun finally came out and we put on our red, white, and blue.


All things went south when Brody got woken up from his nap.


With summer around the corner, it was time for watermelon with our neighbors.




John is never allowed to using "racing" to get this child to eat more dinner.  Mason won with three chicken nuggets in his mouth at once.  Ugh.  Maybe its a boy thing.


Another fun t-ball game in the books.


Look at our guy running from first to second.



Meanwhile, Brody took an interest in soccer.  Anything to keep his mind off those loud trains that drive by.  He is not a fan.



Mason got to spend a few days with Mickey Mouse until school started back.  First day of summer camp!  Poor Brody thought he was going too.


Half human/half monkey


John was disciplining Brody and honestly, I haven't laughed that hard in a while.  That child makes the funniest faces when he is trouble....and he knows it.  Here is John trying to keep it together...


First water slide day at school.


And we had a tball game after school.  It started to rain a little but the game was still on.  Brody had fun playing in the rain.


We went to Huey's afterwards where Brody's obsession of playing with the sugar packets backfired...


Mason came home begging for a chore.  Who knows who talked to him about that but I will take it.  John showed him how to feed Emma.

Growing up too fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment