We got our haircut last week. The first few times we ever took Brody, he would cry the entire appointment and have to sit in my lap. It was unfortunate because we have to go so often with their thick hair. But the last two times we have gone, he has been perfect.
Here he is even smiling when she is spraying water on his hair. He was just so excited to be a "big boy" as he said the whole time. He is growing up too fast. =(
Ready for the weekend!
Redoing Brody's bedroom has not been fun. I got a couple of cheap wooden headboards off of a resale site and spent time painting and fixing them up. Well turns out they were most likely footboards and would NOT work with our mattress and box springs. I just quickly ordered a couple of headboards online so we could hurry this process.
Brody helping Daddy put them together.
I'm just so glad the beds are finally in the room and out of the garage. We are getting rid of that changing table and ordering a chest of drawers. Also, my talented mother is making new curtains. Then I can get all the decor I have bought in there.
It hasn't been too fun but these two are super excited they can sleep in a room together. It really is more talking and laughing than sleeping. Actually, Mason ended up going back into his room later in the night. But it is sweet they love each other so much. They are allowed to sleep together on the weekends. And if they ever sleep instead of play, they can do it on weekdays as well....but I don't know if that will ever happen. =)
Friday was obstacle coarse day at school. Someone was not happy it was raining.
Mason was excited to give his Daddy his Father's Day gift he made for him at school. (notice his arm around his Daddy and a little munchkin behind him)
So then Brody wanted to give his gift he made and take a picture. He initially was on the right side of John but he needed to walk to the other side like his brother and put his arm around his Daddy too.
Mason's picture frame he made. I think it's hilarious. It also says on the back : I love my Daddy because "he can do flips into the pool".
We had a big day on Saturday but I will do a separate post on that.
Sunday morning we were all spent but we made a big breakfast for John. His favorite, waffles and bacon.
That was the coffee mug Brody "made" at Pat's house.
The boys were super excited about it and couldn't wait until John saw his surprise.
Check out that hair.
We went to my parents for lunch on Sunday. We got my Dad all of his favorite things: chips, ice-cream, sandwiches, and Budweiser.
Mason thought Pops would be excited about the beer and brought it right in for him. Ha.
Their Pops loves them so much.
And best Daddy award goes to this guy.
He really is the best. We would be lost without him.
Mom found these keychains we used to get at the beach growing up. I had JUST been talking about them to John and he had no idea what I was referring to.
They were the best and I wish they still had them! I may make fun of her for keeping everything but she does have a lot of great treasures.
This was me about Mason's age at the waterpark. (of course I was fried so Mom made me wear a tshirt)
As always, we had a great lunch and family time. This old man has put up with me for all these years and I am very thankful for it.
And this wild child may give us a heart attack one day. =)













No comments:
Post a Comment