Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Cowboys Field Trip


So for the first time at Shady Grove, 3rd grade got to go on a field trip to the Cowboys Stadium.  The kids were so excited but the parents and teachers may have been the most excited.  Ha. 

I swallowed my pride and bought Mason a Dak jersey.  (I was going to get them both jerseys anyways for Christmas, but this came first)  It is what it is.  We are living where the Cowboys play....everyone here are fans....my kids are quickly becoming fans.  


John originally thought he would be out of town, so we only RSVP'd that I could go.  Turns out, he got back early but it was too late.  He was NOT happy I got to go and he didn't.  

The hallways are just lined with pictures. 


Our tour guide took us to a suite which was super nice.  I told Mason he better remember what the suite looked like....it would be the last time in one!  She gave us all kinds of interesting facts about the stadium.  I could have sat and listened all day.  



We then went to the cheerleaders locker room.  All the girls cheered with excitement while the boys pretended to throw up....they are definitely still in 3rd grade.  =)

This was the ONLY way he said he would take a picture.  I tried to explain the cheerleaders were super famous but he did not care. 

There is one sweet little girl who hangs with Mason and his friends' little group.  She said "I think they need to wear more clothes".  All the  Moms told her we agreed!

Trevor took a picture of Sarah and I.  A child taking your picture is never a good angle...esp with those pictures above you.  

Next was the Cowboys locker room. 

 I mean you can see how excited he was.  




 I had never even heard of this player, but some of the boys were excited to see his locker. 


Press room. 

Ok, so here is 5 yards of turf rolled up like hay bales.....each one weighs 9,000 lbs!  Yes I said 9,000.  These are the stats that were just so interesting.  Those right there are for the college turf.  It takes 10-12 hours to take one field up.....and 12 hours to lay the next one.  I mean good luck when they play college and NFL in one weekend...

Going through the tunnel to enter the field. 

Sitting on the star. 

Kirschbaum's Captains.


 So glad I was able to go.  We had a ton of fun together. 

 After the tour, they just let the kids play on the field.  

 Scoring a touchdown and spiking the ball. 


They had an absolute blast on the field.  They played football the entire time.

It really was a little boy's dream day. 

 Trying to build a pyramid that fell down.  Ha.  I love this picture. 

Punting through the uprights. 

 Mason photobombing back there. 


It was a great day.  I do think we may have to take John back for a tour.....it didn't make him feel any better when he saw the pictures.  He wants to see it in person.  Ha 

No comments:

Post a Comment