Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Last Week of School: Christmas Fun



Monday was "Santa USA" at the boys' school.  Being our first year, I did not know what that was until the teachers starting taking about it.  Every year, Santa surprises the kids arriving in a helicopter....yes, a helicopter.  I mean its a bit over the top, but I was excited about it.  Of course all the kids in 3rd grade told Mason what it was, but none of the Kindergarteners had any idea what was going to happen.  

They did a fire drill to get all the kids outside.  (that's when Mason's class told him what was happening)  They all lined up and then Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman, and a bunch of elves started walking around.  I got there when that was happening and Brody's class was really excited.  






Then all of a sudden they told the kids to look over the school and the helicopter appeared.  All the other kids started chanting Santa, so the Kindergarteners figured it out.  I mean they were happy. 







These are my favorite pictures.  



Third grade wasn't as into it of course, but they enjoyed flossing with the guy on the stilts and their teacher. 


He said "isn't it kind of weird he came on a helicopter?!"   haha








Mason's teacher asked him to go take a picture with some of the characters.....but he clearly didn't want to (which I understand completely).   But then she offered him Dojo house points and he jumped up to take a picture.  Ha



We have moved on from Yatzee (bc we ran out of sheets) to Uno.  
We play at least five games every night!


Tuesday was the day of Christmas parties.  


Thankfully, their class parties were different times.  First up was Mason's class. 

They had this snowman backdrop and a chocolate fountain....



Mason was Trevor's Secret Giver. 

Then we went down to Brody's party.  He was really excited about that cupcake. 


Making his craft.


Mrs. Roy may be the best Kindergarten teacher of all times.  
She.  Is.  Amazing.  



Today was their last day of school before Christmas break.  It was only a half day, so the boys were pretty pumped.  Better yet, it is my birthday.  The elves reminded everyone.  =)


 Last day of school for 2018.

I didn't have much time before picking them back up, but I did use my birthday gift card from John and the boys to get my nails done.  It was heavenly. 

 After picking them up from school, the boys got their Christmas hair cuts.  There are so many different sports clips around us, so since this one was new to us, they got the MVP treatment. 
Spoiled rotten!!

Tonight we are going to the movies.  Tomorrow we are headed home for a long weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment