We decorated the Christmas tree sometime last week. It had been up for a while but no ornaments.
They were decently enthused decorating but these things were so exciting to me growing up. Some things are just different between boys and girls.
We will end up with a new tree next year. It is just too small.
But I think putting it on the box helped.
The stockings were hung.
And I have even wrapped some gifts. I don't have as much time this year since I'm going to be home with the kids for three weeks during break. I really need most of it done before then. And thankfully, I'm about done!
I went to help Mason's teachers and snuck in on this guy at lunch. He was in his happy place. There may be nothing he loves more than buying his lunch at school!!!! (on the other hand, it gives Mason anxiety because he gets to the tables later and isn't sure where he is going to sit. I have two totally opposite children!)
John was heading to a conference in Austin Saturday, so we grabbed dinner at our favorite not Mexican Tex-Mex restaurant.
John headed out of town Saturday morning as our elves arrived!
And they brought some Christmas pj bottoms and socks.
This kiddo was SOOOO excited.
Had to buy Mason new basketball shoes....he needed a 4.5 which is a 6.5 in women's. I know that isn't big for his grade and does not mean he is going to be giant or anything but goodness, he is growing. I can get my foot in there! (but he needs a 5.5 for me to wear it! ha)
Mason wanted to see the big tree in Sundance Square. We were out of town for the lighting ceremony. It is just so pretty down there. I love it.
The whole time the kids kept saying, "We are going to have to come back with Daddy." I had no clue Santa was there but you needed $20 cash and this girl never had cash. Plus, they were in under armor gear. So we are going to try and make another trip down there before Christmas is over.
Brody dancing. Ha
It was lunch time, so we stopped in one of the restaurants with a patio. Turns out it was a bit fancy but they were serving brunch. What kid doesn't like brunch? We ordered a couple things for all of us to share and it was amazing.
So basically, we are going to have to do this whole day over again with John.
John sent me this picture. He was having a HORRIBLE time in Austin. Ha
It is beautiful!
After brunch, we tried to go ice skating to the outside rink downtown....problem is it was 70 degrees out with lots of humidity. Rink was melted.
So we decided to go home and start baking. We bought stuff to make our teachers chex mix and Christmas cookies.
We also needed to buy gifts for families in need. Their school has a tree that has items needed for families close to Shady Grove families. We picked 4 things off the tree and both boys
were very excited to help them out.
We grabbed a football, Lego set, jacket, and grocer gift card. They couldn't believe someone needed a jacket and a grocery gift card. We decided to call it a giving weekend. I hope we continue to do things for others each Christmas season.
Brody found the elves.
Sunday afternoon we started baking cookies.....way too many.
We boxed and labeled them all for school Monday.
We got out of the house before dinner to enjoy the nice weather before it got cold again.
And then I made them watch the Garth Brooks concert on tv with me!
They wrote some notes to Santa. Mason wrote that he wanted to get his Daddy a coffee mug and he was excited to see the elf took it back to give Santa.
Brody asked if they have a house and they responded "yes".
I have been temping here and there. Had to temp at a peds office and wear a Pooh and Tigger jacket. Ha
I turned cold so elves told the kids to drink hot chocolate.
Then they got in the spirit and wore Mason's new Santa hat (for a choir concert).
Tis the Season!
































No comments:
Post a Comment