This was one of Mason's baseball practices last week, Brody got to jump in to help in outfield. He was in HEAVEN.
Brody got a haircut last week and Mason had had one just two weeks before with John. He wanted it shaved again in the back and I figured I could do it myself with the clippers.....welp, it didn't go well. I mean he is fine with it....but that fading thing is for the birds. Haha
Now that it is nice out all the time, the boys have started finding their friends out and about. I have to say, all these boys on the street love playing any and every sport ALL day long. It is just what our boys need. I think they are going to have a FUN summer.
John had to work Good Friday but the boys and I were both off. We were invited to Mason's friends' house for their annual Easter Egg hunt with people from our school and church.
They have land with horses, a pond with an island, and a pool. It is beautiful.
They have been doing this for a long time. We had so much fun. I was able to meet a ton of women from the church also.
He found one of the "golden" eggs which meant he won a prize.
It may have been the most perfect weather also.
Such a fun day.
And then we were back at home playing outside. I didn't realize it until they came inside but they both got fried. I never even thought about sunscreen.

Brody had a game that night and was exhausted but he did well and they won!
He got to pick dinner (chose pizza) after his game.
Keller Youth had tryouts last week for All-Star teams. These towns around here have "select" and "elite" teams in every division starting at 7U. There are none in 6U but they do have a summer travel All-Stars team. He was so excited about it too. Lucky he made the first All-Star team, the 6U Gold team. I think John was just as nervous as Brody. Ha.
But we are so proud. He really wanted to make it and went out there and did great at try outs with almost 70 other kids. Thankfully, one of his best friends made his same team as well as a kid on his baseball team this season.
All this means is that we just thought our summer was going to be busy every weekend with Mason's baseball tournaments, but now Brody will have FIVE out of 6 weekends in a row of tournaments also! We will be dividing and conquering.
Mason's team played in a tournament Saturday in Ft Worth.
It was mid-eighties and super sunny.
Little siblings.
John helped in the dugout.
But we went 1-1 in pool play, then won the next game so we made it in the championship game. They boys (and Brody) were so excited. They have been to the semi's in every tournament and couldn't get to the championship until this weekend.
They ended up losing but fought hard and had a TON of fun.
You get rings now instead of trophies and the kids LIVE for those rings.
This is our fourth time to play this team!
Next up: Easter


































No comments:
Post a Comment