Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Girls Weekend in DFW

I have the best friends in the world.  They all took time away from their busy lives and families to come and see me.  They booked it a couple of months ago and I had been counting down the days ever since.

I asked my new coworkers where all we should visit.  DFW is obviously a massive area and I had no clue where to take them.  I was probably more excited than they were because I was finally able to see some fun areas!

We ate at a local taco place that is quick and amazing.  Then we headed to West 7th street in Ft Worth.  It is near the TCU campus but such a cool area.  





After stopping in a couple of places, it was time to head home.  But we decided to detour and stop at Billy Bobs.  It is Ft. Worth's famous cowboy bar.  It was a Thursday night so not very crowded but it was AMAZING.  These people all 2-step around here.  (my coworkers were SHOCKED I have never 2-stepped before.....like they do this for their first wedding dance, etc)  

It was pretty crazy to see.  Felt like we were in another country.  Super nice gentlemen just there to ask different women to dance.  Like the stage clears after each song and they switch partners.  It was cool.  After the house band left, the dj put on all kinds of line dancing music which was also fun.  Ha


We slept in and then headed to Waco for the day.  

Chip and Jo are business geniuses.  Really.  

It was such a cool place to hang.  Merchandise was expensive of course and Waco itself....I would never live in the Waco city limits, which is why they do a ton of houses in surrounding suburbs.  We did see a few houses nearby that the fixed up which were nice, but neighborhood not so much. 



We got some grub at the bakery and Jo's Mom was there.  She was very vocal and taking pictures.  

They think of everything. 

This was the original store which is now a small warehouse. 

And we came across Harp Design while looking for houses they fixed up. 


We pushed through and decided to go straight to Downtown Dallas since it was supposed to rain Saturday.  Nothing like a good rooftop bar. 


We ALMOST went to NKOTB concert but couldn't get tickets.  

So we decided to ride Lime scooters and enjoy the night.  It was so nice out. 



Saturday morning we had breakfast at our fav spot and then I made them go to Bucees.  Ha.  
Unfortunately, the storm rolled in at the same time we got there.  Im talking heavy duty rain!


We ended up going to the movies which was super fun and relaxing!

We came home and Brody and his confident self wanted to race Lyndsey because of course he told her he was faster than her.....

Even tried a relay race including Mason...

But Lynds won and loser had to jump in the pool.  HAHAHAHa

It was worth it.  =)  He said he would get her next time. 



We had the BEST weekend and I am so thankful for such good friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment