First full day of summer was this last Friday. This is the first year I will have so much time off with them during the summer. I have always worked at least 4 days a week and they went to full time camps. This year I will work only two days a week and have three days with them. We have hired a nanny for the two days so they can still have tons of fun around Keller.
We went to the pool Friday and ran into four 3rd grade boys by the end of the day. I love that we have so many friends in the hood.
We made a quick Costco run that afternoon. We may make lots of trips there this summer since it is the only place they won't fight me to go.....free snacks throughout the store calls their name.
They also have the only decent "white cheese dip" in all of Texas.
We put out our flags in honor of Memorial Day.
We agreed to watch our neighbors dogs while they were out of town and since they are real dogs....they boys loved playing with them. Ha.
Memorial Day weekend was a lot of baseball for us. Mason had a possible 3-day tournament and Brody had the Keller Allstars Gold first tournament of the summer.
This kid was so excited to play summer ball and have his first tourney.
We had to split up for the games since they were around the same time.
John and Brody were a team Saturday.
And Mason and I were a team. Mason's tournament Saturday was in Mansfield at their Field of Dreams. It was an AWESOME park. All the fields are replicas of MLB parks. The boys were pumped to play there.
6U Keller Gold played in Colleyville.
One of the dads had his big camera out and got a couple of shots of Brody.
(love these white uniforms)
The Moms on Mason's team asked me to bring my camera Saturday to try and get some shots. They certainly aren't professional but it does take much better shots than a phone. But man is it hard to get good action shots. In baseball, you have no clue where the next play will go!
He has been playing a ton of 2nd base and loves it.
Sunday, John and I switched kids.
I took Brody, and he took Mason.
So I brought my camera to his game too. I mean it has been forever since I got that thing out but decided to bring it. (they have to wear the face mask to play pitcher per their coach)
When you get two triples in a row you are all smiles.
They played two really good games Sunday and ended up winning a gold ring.
They were all so happy.
1. Because they got a ring.
2. Because coach had promised them a water balloon fight only if they got a gold ring, not a silver.
They were all so happy.
1. Because they got a ring.
2. Because coach had promised them a water balloon fight only if they got a gold ring, not a silver.
So excited.
Brody and I were able to make it to our friends' pool party.
Mason was still playing.
Mason's team didn't play as good as they had hoped and ended their tourney play Sunday. They all went to dinner after and then all four of us changed and headed to one of the players house for a fun party. The weekend of games didn't go as they had hoped but they all do love hanging out together.
My tomato plants are giant. There are at least 50 tomatos growing. Crazy town.
Since we had no baseball Monday, John smoked some ribs and we all headed back to the pool for some fun.
We had a good dinner and then walked the trails in the neighborhood.
It was such a beautiful night.
We ended Memorial Day at Muggle Shakes.
It was a super fun weekend.
Ready to do it again next weekend with 2 tourneys again!
Ready to do it again next weekend with 2 tourneys again!

































No comments:
Post a Comment