We had tubes placed and adenoids removed this morning.
We had to be at the surgery center at 6:00 and of course Mason couldn't have anything to eat or drink since midnight. We got ready and got him up right before we left. I was a little worried about how fussy he would be without his morning bottle when he woke up, but he did great!!!! We had to be in pre-op for almost an hour, but they put on Finding Nemo (which John and I are going to have to buy so we can see what happens in the end!!!) and I think Mason liked the colors in the move so it kept him occupied.
The anesthesiologist and doctor both came in to explain the procedures, and then our Little Man was gone....for about 20 minutes. Our doctor told us the surgery went well, but he had so much thick fluid behind his ear drums that it was even hard for the suction to remove! He said they call it "glue ears". Since they were so bad, he said that Mason would be able to hear AT LEAST 35% better!!!!! Poor thing! We thought he could hear just fine. He even said it could help with his balance. We are very glad we had the procedure done though!
Mason did really well after. He cried pretty hard when he was waking up, but about an hour later he was really starting to become more like himself. We were pretty lazy the rest of the day. He was just fussy and pretty clingy. I think he will be just fine in the morning! =)
Very glad he is okay and very, very glad it is over and no more worrying about it! =)
Side Note:
He weighed 19.6 lbs and was 29.5 inches long!
**************************
John and I went to New Orleans last weekend for the football game. We had a great time!! I will post some pictures later on this week. I will also post pictures of Mason from today.
you will be SO glad you had his adenoids removed. If you remember, I had mine a few years ago...it was TERRIBLE as an adult.
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear your little man's surgery went well!
ReplyDeleteThank you! And Candice, I definately remember when you had your surgery...no fun!
ReplyDelete