It started snowing about noon yesterday and began accumulating fast! I left work about 1:00 to pick up Mason. My drive is maybe 3 miles (probably 2) from work, to Mrs. Pat's, to home. When I was trying to turn into Mrs. Pat's driveway, my tires began spinning and I had to keep driving. I ended up turning around at the church down the street. I was thinking about stopping by Target but once I realized how bad the streets had gotten so quickly, we headed home safely! (we did see a car spin completely around because of the ice)
I really think that is the worst the roads have been in a long time! I know I haven't driven on roads like that before. It was taking hours for people to get home when their commute was usually 20 minutes. Needless to say, since the high today is 30 degrees...we did not work today. I'm just glad we didn't get the 20 inches of snow that parts of Arkansas got!
Beware!!! Lots of pictures!
I was trying to get Mason to look out at the snow but he was NOT having it.
But this sure did help his attitude!
Looking out our front window.
We kind of just stuck Mason and Emma out there. =) Emma would only stand in the areas that we had been because the snow wasn't as deep.
She was not having it! Honestly...I think she started turning a little purple. She went inside immediately after this so no animals were hurt in this picture. =)
As soon and John got home he wanted to get out and play in the snow.
John's snowball on the fence.
John formed a snowball for Mason and he threw it. (John was a little overly excited and you can see from the picture below.)
We came back inside, got the Taco Soup on the stove, and John got BACK to work. Yes...I do not think he stops working. He might even dream about it at night.
Mason and I have just been playing all day and cleaning the house. I could get used to having a day off during the week. John of course was out the door at 6:30 am to head to work. He said the roads were awful and pretty much a solid sheet of ice....nice. It does look like the streets are melting so that is a plus!
I can't get over all the snow y'all have had this year. I can't remember Memphis ever getting so much bad winter weather! Again, Mason is too cute in the snow. Hope y'all stay nice and warm!
ReplyDelete