Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mexico Part 1


We have been back from Mexico since Tuesday but life has been hectic!  I wanted to post pictures from our trip for us to look back on.  We had an absolute blast with friends at a wonderful resort!  We were very happy to get home to our little guys though...5 nights was definitely enough time. 


Taking a very original "on the plane" shot.  This was very early in the morning, might I add.  


We landed in Mexico around eleven in the morning.  We couldn't check right into our hotel rooms so we grabbed lunch.  This was an all-inclusive resort and I cannot even comprehend how many calories we consumed each day between the fruity drinks and the amazing food.  

Our view from lunch. 



We arrived on the Fourth of July and they had many different festivities planned.  This was the drink of the day, I can't remember the name but it was red, white, and blue...and delicious. 

 Our balcony in the room.  Ben and Melissa's was right next door.  It was great because we could all sit on our balconies and talk to each other.  


 After we got everything unpacked, we headed down to the pool to relax.  The pool was amazing.  They had plenty of comfy chairs and umbrellas, a swim up bar, nice floats, chairs in the actual water, and huge steps to sit on in the water.  The resort itself was much smaller than the resort John and I went to on our honeymoon and it is for sure the way to go.  We knew all of the staff by the time we left.  The waiters walked around all day and never let your drink get empty.  


This was the Fourth of July decor for the dinner. 








Another awesome thing about the resort was their entertainment staff.  I swear these people worked 16 hours a day.  We knew them on a first-name basis by the time we left.  Every night, between 8:30 -9:30, they would have an event/show scheduled.  It was great because there was something fun to do after dinner every night.  

They had a fire show for the Fourth...those are hula hoops with fire.




We tried to head out to the beach on our first full day, but goodness it was hot.  


Melissa and John in the pool.  


Lunch at the taco bar by the beach.  (this is when I realized I was a tad burnt)



And we got several "flaming coffees" at night.  


My apple pie dessert.  I just thought it looked like it needed a picture. 





There was a little market set up by the pool area this night.  Melissa and I wanted to check it out for jewelry, etc.  Well, all we got was this picture...

These two men and Pancho (the donkey) were really wanting us to get a picture for $10.  We weren't going to do it, but Ben out of nowhere decides he wants his picture on a donkey.  So the little man in about 2 seconds put somberos and panchos on us, and threw Ben on Pancho.  We smiled.  He took the picture.  And he took Ben off Pancho...it was worth the 10 bucks.  


We saw a show after dinner and then everyone headed downstairs for karaoke night.  Here is Melissa singing Ice Ice Baby with Issac from the staff.  =)


Another day in the scorching sun...my skin was already crying by this point!

So was John's.  =)


During the day, the event staff had free activities going on all the time.  Since John and I didn't need the extra sun this day, we attempted archery early that morning.  It was John's idea to try it, but it turned out to be a great time. Melissa and I also did water zumba a couple of mornings...gotta work off those pina coladas!





Here is John participating in "the crazy game".  Two people stood on a surf board to see who lasted longer.  It was hilarious.  

John fell first.  Ha. 


Before dinner at the steak house. 



The best goat cheese and pear salad ever. 


We saw a magic and comedy show and then headed down for Disco night...obviously the boys were excited about dancing. 


Now on to part 2!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment