We bought these bananas from Costco...like a week ago.
I think something is wrong with them...
It was so nice outside Sunday. Sunny and 60 degrees in January. I needed to shave John's head again, so we all headed outside. I won't lie, it was muddy and I was cringing, but they had fun.
These two were in rare form all weekend. Wild. Wild. Wild.
But they are as cute as can be.
Michael and Sherene brought us dinner Sunday night. Michael's famous spaghetti and homemade meatballs (I told John he should ask for his recipe and make me a batch one day), salad, and cupcakes.
We were able to have our bunco Christmas Party finally at Firebirds. It may have been January but that's okay. We were suppose to have it when we were in the hospital, but obviously we had a change of plans. We had such a fun time.
How cute is his little yellow gown and hospital socks.
How sweet is he?! We brought his favorite stuffed animal and he clung onto him before surgery.
We used the same ENT who did Mason's surgery. I forgot just how much I love him. He is so nice and he always prays with the family prior to surgery.
Brody did so well. They had us walk into the toy room where he could pick out anything, then we handed him off to the nurse. He never even cried when she took him away.
Surgery lasted a whopping 5 minutes. His left ear was in bad shape. Not too sure how much he was hearing, so we are so glad this is over. The nurse and doctor told us how "juicy" his ear was. Lovely.
Of course, it took about another 5 minutes to calm the little guy down. Waking up from anesthesia is no fun. We tried everything and then all of a sudden I thought, why don't I get the phone out. Of course Disney Junior cheered him right up. What in the world did people do before smart phones?!
I had to go back to work after his surgery. I knew, from experience with Mason, that Brody would just sleep a little more, but feel fine. Mom was nice enough to take a day off work to watch him. He did perfect and got some quality cuddle time.
Obviously, I would have loved to be there with him and snuggle all day (especially since it was pouring down rain). If you would've told me two months ago that I would've worked all day after his surgery, I wouldn't have believed it. But life has changed a little in the past month and I really needed to be at work. It sure does help to know he was in good hands though.
My friend Shelly from my Friday job brought us McAllister's for dinner Monday night. I devoured my food before I could take a picture apparently. =)
John's parents came over with dinner tonight. We had salmon, spinach, and potatoes. Mason is a little different than most kids when it comes to eating. He doesn't like fries or potatoes...but he LOVES fish. He ate almost an entire piece of salmon.
Or maybe he was just showing off so he could get some of this key-lime pie. I'm sure it won't pack any pounds on me...
And here is the new shaved head. We did have to go down a size on the clippers because his hair is getting a tad thinner. But overall, he has done really well this week. He is getting some horrible ulcers in his mouth. They look like no fun. No one ever wants 4 giant ulcers at once. This is definitely a side effect from the chemo but thankfully, the doctor called him in some Magic Swizzle that numbs the mouth so he can at least eat!
And look at this guy. Will really shaved his head this time. He wants to keep it like this while John's is bald (or on its way to being bald).







No comments:
Post a Comment