Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's

Like I said in the last post, John had surgery to place the port a cath on New Year's Eve.  He did great with the surgery and went immediately to the doctors office for his chemo.  It was a big day, but he felt great.  The surgery made his arm/shoulder pretty sore, but he really wanted to be able to hang out with our friends for New Year's Eve since everyone was just going to Ben and Melissa's house (a mile away). 

He rested all afternoon and then got his party shoes on.  

Melissa had the house decorated so cute.  We literally sat around, played games, and enjoyed each others company.  It was a very fun, much needed, night.  We also got to hang with sweet little Mary Camellia.  =)





We woke up New Year's Day and I got these two ready for Mamaw's house.  She always makes the BEST food this day each year.  Here they are posing for their first picture of 2014 while holding about four superheroes between the two of them, and Brody has one in his mouth...
 Just another day at the Brower House.  


We came home to check on their Daddy and bring him his good luck food.  He started feeling pretty bad around noon so he didn't come with us.  We let him stay home, rest, and watch football.  The boys took naps and when they woke up, sat together to watch Justice League together on the iPad.  I thought it was the sweetest picture.  



John went to work this morning and was hoping to stay for a while but just couldn't do it.  He feels so bad for the 2-3 days after chemo.  I am praying he wakes up in the morning feeling better....or at least by Saturday.  He just feels awful and there is nothing I can do.  =(


Jenna made us dinner tonight and John actually ate which tells you how good it was.  I'm hoping that means he is going to feel better soon.  It was the best lasagna...it had Italian sausage in it so you can't go wrong.  =)  


I'm off work tomorrow and will have the boys at home with me.  Not sure yet what John will be able to do.  We are just playing it by ear.  I feel sure he will be MUCH better by the end of the weekend and will do great next week at work.  

Here is to a better day tomorrow! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment