Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 6, 2014

Stuffed Animals and a Special Day

We had a couple of rough days after the last dose of chemo.  John was sick.  He just felt awful and so sick to his stomach.  Mason was quite concerned.  It just makes you realize how innocent kids are.  He realizes his Daddy is sick, seems to get more concerned the worse it is, but won't ask too much.  He does all he knows to do, so he has been letting his Dad borrow all of his stuffed animals and praying.  

It may not seem like a lot to most people, but he sure does love his stuffed animals and makes sure every one of them is in his bed at night.  I don't know how many times I have had to run through the house in search of "Friend Bear" or "Doggy".  He gathered up some of his favorite, lined them up perfectly, and asked me to take a picture.  I didn't position him or anything.  =)

He has also wanted to pray for him every night.  Started it all on his own and hasn't stopped.  It is the same prayer every night:

"Dear God, thank you for all of our food and can you make my Daddy feel better.  I need him to feel better.  Amen. "


After talking with John about it, I realized Mason is only doing what anyone else can do.  I can't make John feel better.  I just try to do things to comfort him like grabbing him water, food, medicine, or just sitting here with him.  Mason is giving him his stuffed animals and thats how he is helping.  The only other thing we can really do is pray.  




 And I can eat...John is continuing to lose weight and I am gaining it!  I know I've talked about it over and over, but our friends have been amazing.  The only downside is, I am not going to fit into any of my clothes.  

Ben and Melissa brought us shrimp scampi, the best ever green beans on the Big Green Egg, brownies, and Mason some Captain Crunch.  That boy loves Captain Crunch.  


John started feeling better Friday afternoon.  We were able to get out of the house and watch the Packers play at Ben's parents' house.  Mason always has a blast there.  He has gotten pretty good with the Go Pack Go chant. 

He made Mr. Will wear the cheesehead.  

Teaching him early...sitting at their bar with Ben and Mr. Salentine, with the cheesehead on, watching football.  Fortunately, he was only drinking apple juice.  

It was really nice to get out of the house I must say.  We just watched the first half of the game because John got really tired, but he had a good time.  


Sunday night, Allison and Jacob brought us Mellow Mushroom pizza.  Yum.  

Along with the best salad ever and brownies.  





John started back work today so we got some things to keep his energy level up.  He is feeling much much better, but having a problem with fatigue.  I got some recipes for protein shakes and tried them out this morning.  He said he thought it helped and was able to stay alert today, so I will keep 'em coming.  


He also can't seem to get warm and this weather isn't helping.  It is freezing!!!  I changed the chalkboard out in the kitchen and it is pretty accurate.  


Today is my Special Day and Mom got me this awesome coffee mug.  =)


We had to bundle these two cuties this morning in their new sweaters.  We had to wake up much more earlier than the last couple of weeks and Brody was not happy. 


Mason was not too excited about having to go to school either...or that it didn't snow.  


I got a message from John's sister Lana.  She sent a picture of her Jon who got a new haircut and said he was inspired by John's style.  We are just so thankful for everyone's outpouring of love and support!


Brody had a great day at Pat's house and came home to fight off the bad guys.  


In honor of my Special Day, my parents got Red Lobster take out and brought it over.  It's a tradition that doesn't look like it is going to be ending anytime soon.  =)


LOVE these peeps and so glad I was placed into their arms 30 years ago.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment