Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Weekend Shenanigans


We have had a fun, yet boring week/weekend...which is a good thing these days.  
John worked all week.  He did great, just pretty tired when he gets home.  He even worked late one night...which scared me half to death.  He really should work on his phone skills.  =)


This little guy had a few rough nights this week.  But if I give him a bag of fruit loops to take on the car ride to school, it turns his frown upside down.  


Most likely, I would say I've gained about five pounds this week.  I'm doomed to wear a bathing suit this summer.  I have been eating some salad...


Along with this chicken spaghetti greatness made by the best sis-in-law ever Becca.  It was so good.  I know she had her hands full with a sick family last week so we REALLY appreciated it.  


Jake and Blake brought us our favorite Chinese food from Formosa.  


I finally had to take Brody to the doctor Thursday.  He had to get checked out and okayed for tubes on Monday since he was congested and not sleeping well.  Turns out he has ear infections.  We got on another round of antibiotics and were told he needs tubes desperately.  We have to be there at 6:30 in the morning.  Surgery at 7:30.  

25 lb. 10 oz. of cuteness right here.

I am so thankful for my job.  I may have broken down Thursday when I realized Brody needed to go to the doctor.  It just isn't a good environment for John to be walking into, which left me.  I have already taken off so many days.  But no worries, immediately they rescheduled my last patient and helped me get out of there quickly.  I do not know what I would do without them all.  




That night, Jessica had pizza delivered to us.  I've said it a million times but thank you thank you thank you! 

John has been stuffing his face trying to gain weight while he is off of chemo and feeling better.  And I mean eating EVERYTHING.  Not sure it is working, but it's worth a shot!


Our friends Ben and Brennan sent this cookie basket for John.  It says Bounce Back Soon and the boys were super excited when they saw it.  It was like Christmas morning all over again.  



These two...
They have really gotten into playing with each other.  The problem with that is there will also be fighting.  They play so rough together!!!  It's crazy.  I guess boys will be boys but goodness, it is so exhausting!!!  They can be so sweet one minute and then hate each other the next.  



Tyler and Beth came by Friday night.    Mason had such a good time playing with them.  Him and Mr. Tyler may have gotten a little carried away playing football.  He was quite sad they had to leave.  We ate this yummy Chicken Alfredo along with a strawberry salad.


Friday, Mason had show and tell at school.  They were to bring their favorite toy/favorite toy Santa brought them.  He decided on Batman and Superman.  He is very proud of these guys and I'm sure talked to his classmates forever.  


Saturday morning this little fella woke up first.  When he wakes up, he likes to just sit with you for a minute or two.  This has to be the only moment of the day he will sit still.  I love it.  


 I took Mason to Skyzone to meet Becca and Reese.  He had the best time.  It is a pretty cool place.  Just a million little trampolines to jump on.  


I love those cute little skinny legs.  



They also had a few other stations there.  This was a foam pit.  There was nothing I wanted to do more than bounce into that pit, but there was a long line of kids waiting.  =)





Saturday night John and I went out to eat.  It was really nice to get out of the house together for an hour or two for some good sushi.  We also had to stop by Hobby Lobby.

Such a wild and crazy date night, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment