I can't even remember what day this was. We have been threatened with snow about one million times this winter and nothing ever happens. We had some flurries last week and Mason was catching them with his tongue. Notice the Team USA hat. We love the Olympics around here.
Superheroes.
How they really felt.
We did get a little snow Friday night/Saturday morning. Brody was impressed.
It warmed up quick Saturday morning, so we put on our gear and headed outside.
"What is this stuff?!"
So excited to play in the snow even if it was a dusting.
Snow angel.
I just love these pictures in the Jeep. Brody wanted to do nothing else besides ride in it. He hops right into the passenger seat and waits patiently.
I had to run Brody in to find some gloves and he was not happy. We quickly came back outside and he took off running for his brother (who was waking up our neighbors by yelling).
That's some serious concentration.
A little snow didn't stop our girls' brunch. It was cheaper to get this giant dispenser of Mimosas than each of us just ordering one. We felt like we were back in college when he brought it to the table, so what else to do than take a picture with it? For the record, we could not finish it….definitely not in college anymore.
Chicken and waffles. Yum.
Saturday night we went to Hog and Hominy with Robert, Becca, Jake and Blake. We had a blast just sitting around and talking after dinner. I think it should be a monthly tradition.
Quiet time with just me and Brody since he does not like to go to bed when he is teething. He has done much better the last couple of nights, but has been like this for the last week. Once he's asleep, he's asleep and for that, I am thankful!
John started another round of chemo this week. He has done really well! The last round, he couldn't go to work starting Wednesday, but he went after treatment today. I do think it has finally caught up with him because he is extremely exhausted tonight.
I went with him Tuesday to treatment and his doctor's appointment. Doctor said everything looks great, as expected. We will have one more round of chemo after this week and then will be done. He will then have a PET scan 3-4 weeks after last round of chemo . We will know then if there is a surgery needed. I am praying no surgery.
Surgery is not easy and if needed, we will go to Indianapolis to do it. I am not good with sit and wait to see what happens. I like to have plans and be ready for the next step (especially if it is a big step). But I am not in control and have to remind myself of that everyday. =)
Whatever is next, John will be strong and do awesome. In the end, he will still be a cancer survivor, with or without surgery, and that is what is most important.
And we were able to have a lunch date after chemo. Sushi. Yum.






No comments:
Post a Comment