This past Sunday was my mom's birthday. We never celebrated the weekend before and since John was feeling so bad, I knew we couldn't do anything with all of us. I decided to bring in the troops to get a fun ladies lunch together to surprise Mom. I told her it would just be the two of us but when we got there, some of her favorite people were there. She was totally surprised. We went to the Beauty Shop in midtown and the food was great.
I had so much fun with everyone and loved getting to hang out with this girl.
Sunday morning Mason woke up wayyyyy too early so I made him hop in bed with us. After a couple of kicks in my back, I decided to just get up and start cleaning the house.
Lazy bums. =)
I took the boys and met Mom and Dad at Perkins for a birthday breakfast Sunday morning. We missed John but I'm sure he appreciated the rest.
Sunday was so nice outside. The boys were full of energy and John was needing some quiet time, so I took them outside. I did the smallest amount of yard work because it is impossible to watch an 18 mo old out there by yourself.
Our neighbors were all out with their kids so we got to enjoy the weather for a while. There are SIX boys from the ages of 1-5 in just three houses. We are all right next to each other, so I'm sure they will be the best of friends.
Just a little rough housing before bed.
Monday was President's Day and Mason was out of school. Grandpa and Grandma weren't working and watched Mason. They ended the day at Incredible Pizza and Mason had so much fun.
He, of course, fell asleep on the ride home (note the picture). Brody worked so hard to wake him up, but it wasn't happening. We ended up putting him to bed and never heard another peep from him until the morning.
I have been slacking on giving props to all the amazing people in our lives who have been feeding us. I cannot say enough how thankful we are. From dinners, to thinking of you cards, to gift cards, to just thoughtful messages, it has just been so overwhelming. We are so loved and I hope I can return the favor one day (of course on better terms though).
Jenna made a pecan pie with dinner this week and it was perfect.
Brody is still having problems with his highchair.
Blake made us breakfast muffins (that are basically amazing giant sausage balls) and a chocolate bundt cake along with dinner. YUM.
Cake pops. I don't know what the boys are going to do when I'm not cooking a dessert for them every night.
Oh ya know, just putting Mason to bed. Obviously, John is feeling better. =)
I came across this picture from St. Jude the other day and I LOVE it.
I'm assuming a child wrote this which makes it even more amazing. I can't imagine someone so small going through something like cancer. It's so hard to grasp at 30, even knowing everything will be okay. What brave little people they are.










No comments:
Post a Comment