Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Go Away Winter

 Mason is famous at his school.  
We get weekly newsletters via email and he was front and center with one of his elaborate "houses" that he builds.  




Brody on the other hand, would rather hide from us on a regular basis.  =)


It did end up snowing/icing but not so much here in Collierville.  Other areas were much worse.  I stayed home with the boys and we had a lazy day.  John's chemo was cancelled and he went to work.  



It ended up snowing (very lightly) all day.  While Brody was asleep, Mason and I put on our winter gear and checked it out.  We certainly couldn't build an Olaf, but we tried.  It was so cold that we quickly came back in.  

I sent John this picture.  He said I looked like a hippie.  


 So I sent him this one.  I look a little hippie-ish and Brody a little gangster-ish. 


Bro Bro couldn't believe it snowed or that he had a "stay home day". 


I had a wonderful day with the boys, but goodness, staying home with kiddos is hard work!  I was praying school would be back in session Tuesday.  Shelby County was closed but CTK decided to open since East Memphis was okay.  

Mason was not too excited about this, but nothing a little hot chocolate and powdered sugar donuts couldn't take care of. 


So back to school we went!



I went to John's doctor's appointment with him this morning.  We missed chemo Monday and were DREADING having it go into the next week.  Turns out, we will NOT have to have that last dose of chemo.  The four doses Tues. - Friday will be enough.  Thank goodness.  It was going to make him feel so horrible for so much longer.  We cannot be more thrilled about this.  

Also, Dr. Weeks briefly addressed the possibility of surgery post-chemo.  He told us he would be very surprised if John needed the surgery.  He thinks the PET scan will be all clear.  If not, he thinks it would be something so tiny that we could monitor until the next scan.  Sometimes these cells that are left are not even cancerous.  

We got great news today and are very positive this is all coming to an end VERY soon.  We will have the results of the scan Thursday, March 27th.  Prayers are certainly welcomed.  =)

We actually already had a "no more chemo" trip planned with friends to Nashville that weekend.  I was thinking the scan would be the next week.  Hopefully, it will end up being an ALL CLEAR party instead!!!  Either way, we will be celebrating a great milestone with some awesome people!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment