Mason's class has been studying midevil times. This past Thursday, they were to dress up as knights, princesses, queens, and kings. No swords, but shields were allowed. Of course, Mason wanted a sword. I saw online an easy shield to make using duct tape, black cardboard, and scissors. Easy easy and we are still playing with the thing. (we also got to use the cape again - woohoo)
I'm still gaining weight over here. Our sweet friends are still bringing us dinner. Katie and Kyle sent over a delicious meal Friday night along with this yummy pie.
Kid approved.
Brody went crawling up the stairs and I burst into laughter. He just throws food everywhere when he's eating….
Saturday morning, Mason woke up sick. I had a baby shower to go to and had planned on taking the boys to my moms since this was a chemo weekend. He said he needed to throw up right when he woke, but it was just from all the snot in his nose and throat. He caught the cold Brody and John had. I figured he was still good to take to my parents, but he threw up in the car. =(
How pitiful was he!!!
He threw up one more time and then that was all. He had a fever which made him feel terrible. No one else has gotten sick so I still wonder if it was all related to his cold, but it sure seemed like a cold and a stomach bug. He wanted to stay at Mickey Mouse's house on her palet she made for him instead of coming home. He seemed pretty upset about his decision so I was sure he would want to call me to pick him up but nope! He stayed all night. He did start feeling much better later that night and seemed back to his normal little self.
As horrible as I would've felt if my parents caught the bug, it would have been better than John getting it while he was so down from his chemo.
That left Brody being a single child with all his momma's attention on him. I think you can tell by this picture, he enjoyed the time.
Sunday, we were still stuck in the house because of chemo. It's hard to leave, because I have to help John and take care of the boys. Once Brody goes down for a nap, I can do a little. So I decorated for Spring! We are so ready for it in this house!
Poor little brother. Mason's always messing with him. =)
Yesterday was our 7 year anniversary. It doesn't seem like that day was seven years ago. I got to thinking, and we have been dating since I was 15….which means we have been together for half of our lives. That is just crazy. But I can't think of anyone else I would want to spend the rest of my life with. He is the best father and my best friend.
There was no celebrating since he still felt pretty crummy yesterday.
But since the time changed, it is no longer dark when we get home! Mason was so confused yesterday. Then we started taking about daylight savings time, earth, space, yada yada yada and the conversation went over my head. But we are finally getting to play with our neighborhood friends! Yay.
But since the time changed, it is no longer dark when we get home! Mason was so confused yesterday. Then we started taking about daylight savings time, earth, space, yada yada yada and the conversation went over my head. But we are finally getting to play with our neighborhood friends! Yay.
Little Brody was trying to keep up.
Jessica brought us dinner last night and threw in some Gigi's cupcakes (I'm not wearing a bathing suit this year…joust ain't happening).
The best news of all is John finished his chemo!!! NO MORE CHEMO! Cancer sucks and chemo sucks. (But praise the Lord for it, right?!) He got to ring the bell at his doctors office.
I know ringing a bell may sound silly, but it means a lot to everyone in that chemo room. Everyone was so happy for him and clapping. It's a special moment for them all. =)










No comments:
Post a Comment